Nano delivery

Alyssa, I don’t have my Nano yet (my preorder has been shipped) - it was mostly a matter of curiosity. I have version 2.8.11 of the app. Is that current? To be honest, I never found the app all that helpful with the APC (I have the Bluetooth version).

@Kam_Lie Yes, it’s being shipped from the west coast via ground.

Yes, that’s the most current version of the app for iOS we have right now (2.8.11). What are some things you’d find helpful if the app had it?

The way I use the APC,the app is superfluous. I set the temperature on the APC and just let it go. If I need a timer I’ll use a kitchen timer. I found the app too fussy, especially if I wandered out of Bluetooth range. Really, I like the control on the APC itself and don’t see much added value with the app for control. (It is nice for looking up recipes, though.)

I make my own lids out of foam board so I can still use the cooler as a cooler. Yes, the clamp is fixed and can’t be removed. I guess you could cut a hole for the nano and a slot for the clamp. I’ll give that a try and report back. I think the nano is water resistant so I think that means that steam is not an issue. I think the best thing about multiple units is that i can do long cooks with one and something for tonight with the other.

When vill nano be on sale and delevery in europe

Not sure if or when yet. But I will be sure to let everyone know when we have all the details on that worked out.

Thank you very much, I’m looking forward to that

1 Like

I got a tracking number the other day but it’s still showing the tracking info from April, thought all the units were going to ship out by the 30th? I see Amazon already has them in stock.

Can someone at Anova confirm if all emails of delivery have been sent? I am on the West Coast (US) and have not received any email confirmation of the Nano being shipped.

Thanks.

m-

Ah, it should have info from June. We faced an unexpected delay with a batch of orders. :frowning: But they are on their way. Can you email support@anovaculinary.com? We look up any a recent updates on your order.

I am in Taiwan and I haven’t got my email confirmation of shipment either.
Thought it would be shipped before the end of June.
Is there anyone in Asia receive his/her Nano yet?

I have had 2 nanos on preorder for the past year. I have not received any shipping notifications at all. Not in April, not in May, not in June, not in July. All I got is an email yesterday saying that a shipping from the manufacturer has been delayed and that I should check my shipping notification for updated info. But I haven’t had any shipping notification. Also I’m going away on vacation in a few days and I’m worried what happens if delivery is after I leave.

An email went out explaining that “Group 2” was delayed for quality and that “Group 1” and Amazon were shipped. I do not believe that and am pretty sure “Group 2” is actually “Group Last” because Amazon represents new sales and “Group 1” is probably heavy promoters (bloggers, chefs, VIPs). I look forward to receiving mine, but I do feel misled.

I ordered mine on 6/12/17 - two days after the initial email on the Nano (6/10/17), so I am not sure how I would not be in “Group 1” if it was based on order time. Regardless, they have a business to run, but I can’t help but feel taken advantage of by Anova.

I agree with you I have received my ship notification but it sure make me feel that it really doesn’t pay to invest in early ordering. What’s the advantage.

I received my 3 Nanos about a week ago - have not used the app but for the 4th celebration we had family over - I cooked 5 ribeyes with my APC in my converted styrofoam cooler as everyone wanted “medium” steaks (134°)but I wanted 129°so I busted out one of the Nanos and plopped it into a brass ice bucket and cooked that steak separately.

I had decided to do corn on the cob so I broke out second Nano and used the metal insert from my electric canner.

I took the “cooler” steaks out and ran up the temp to 180° and cooked asparagus for ten minutes while I seared the steaks on my grill.

I opted not to break out third Nano for the asparagus as it would have taken a bit longer to get to temp and I already had “hot” water in my cooler. I ran two electric kettles of hot water and added them to the cooler to bring up temp faster.

Was able to bring the entire meal to the table (including baked potatoes initially steamed for 10 minutes in the electric canner and then into oven at 550° into a large cast iron skillet with coconut oil salted and peppered - cuts cooking time for baked potatoes)

Everything came to the table reasonably quick and hot.

I can see with a bit of planning I’ll be able to simultaneously cook complex meals with ease…

1 Like

I got my Nano the other day. I gave it a quick try making a soft boiled egg. Super quiet. They have fixed a lot of the app issues. When it got to temp immediately started counting down. Worked perfectly. This is a cuite little guy. I am sure I will get more when the multi app comes out.

I could be wrong but I don’t think they are able to ship off shore yet.

You’re kinda right! Last year during pre-orders, international customers were able to purchase. Right now, we’re only selling in the US.

Dear Alyssa,

Please can you clarify your statement, as surely there must be some internal misunderstanding within Anova, or perhaps my own misunderstanding of your two related replies above, here ("… delivery in Europe … not sure if …")? I have also had my order in place since the first days of being able to do so last year, one of which should have been a Christmas present. I have received no information from you to advise that you are now not selling to me even though you’ve had my confirmed international order for an “Anova Precision Cooker Nano - EU Plug (220V)” for 13 months now. It appears very late in the process to make such a change without even thinking to consult with those of us who are affected. I’ve previously posted and sent emails attempting to give some constructive advice regarding communications to Nano customers, and why that is needed - have any of my messages ever been read? Today, I had to recreate my account in order to post here, which I find curious so presumably the forum posts have been deleted. I look forward to a detailed explanation and a promise to quickly fulfil our contract of sale.