Oil leak - help

during the garlic confit cooking, the bag leaked oil into the water bath. How do I clean the unit?

Since oil floats, and it didn’t get above the max fill line, normal cleaning should work. Paying attention to Max/Min fill, has anyone tried running a unit in a pot of soapy water, then rinsing it? If so, how long and what temp setting? (Sort of like cleaning a stick blender.)

I cleaned the unit by running it in a water bath with a few drops of DAWN dish detergent in the pot of water. So far, it seems to have worked.

1 Like

If you clean it every time, you’re really just trying to keep the scaling from building up. I use the same brushes I use for cleaning my juicer (as an example):

…for brushing the impeller shaft, tines, sensor rods and heating coil. Some of which are pretty thin, so you have to be very careful not to bend them.

The end cap comes off, so that and the casing goes in the sink with the rest of the dishes to get cleaned up.

1 Like

@pammac, Mark and Steve have got it right. You can remove the skirt and clean it that way, or put some dish soap or a vinegar water combo and circulate the water for a bit to clean it :slight_smile: