My Anova pro make noise like this please help

How to make this click noise from my Anova disappear.

Did you…

A. Do a search on this forum for noisy pro model?
B. Contact customer service yet?
C. remove the s/s cowl & check for limescale build up & clean accordingly?

(This forum is not monitored by Anova staff, mores the pity)

1 Like

A. Already search on youtube and this community but not see any solution to solve this problem.
B. Already but staff not reply me yet
C. In the video not my anova , my anova is brand new use only 2-3 times no water leak from sous vide bag and clean every time after use.
D. Did you see the video yet ?

P.S. sorry for my bad english.

เมื่อ อ. 30 ม.ค. 2567 เวลา 03:48 Gus via Anova Community | Food Nerd Forum | Anova Culinary <notifications@anova.discoursemail.com> เขียนว่า:

Your english is just fine (better than some english people I know)

Anova will need to look up the details of when your pro was despatched, purchased etc (it is for this reason I always keep packaging, one of my units was despatched 7 weeks or so after I bought it, affecting the warranty when they read it back to me until I pointed out the despatch sticker dates…

I could not even begin to attempt a diagnosis, as whilst the same has happened to others, I have zero knowledge of the innards of this one (but have taken other models apart) …likely you will not get an answer as to the actual problem from anova unless you speak to someone in authority (not customer service ground personnel, they do not know their own product) so I would start planning for a direct replacement, if you are DIY minded you may want to perform a teardown of the faulty unit / research to see if it is fixable by yourself or an electronics hobbyist.

No idea of how long it has been sitting in water / used for how many hours but calcium build up can happen very quickly, so look, just in case, twist the cowl where the “bumps” are (rotate then pull free) vinegar soaks should be performed regularly to help the heating element work evenly down its entire length.

I did see the video, if that was not your video it might be worth emailing a 30 second clip of yours for quick resolution & replacement processing.
Cheers

1 Like

So this sound in the video is a big problem for using this machine right.

Hi ya @Blue and welcome.

Do you know how to disassemble your ANOVA Pro for cleaning? How to remove the end cap covering the impeller, and how to remove the metal sleeve covering the heater and detector?

I suspect that the impeller has junk caught in it, making it unbalanced. Alternatively, the impeller shaft is loose or bent.

The end cap is removed with a small twist 1/8 turn counter-clockwise. Be careful of the orientation as the ears are assymetrical for reassembly. That exposes the impeller, allowing it to be guided through the opening in the metal sleeve on removal and replacement of the sleeeve.

The sleeve is removed with a similar small CCW twist, then pull. It may have detents, and if it has not been previously recently removed then lime crust may have built up in the joint. Lime is dissolved with a judicious application of vinegar acetic acid or citric acid descaler if you have some. Guide the impeller through the opening on removing the sleeve.

Pay attention to make reassembly easy. Best wishes.

More’s the pity is a British English frozen idiom that may not be recognized when improperly written. Mores is a word with a number of homophones.

Now we may see an illustration of @MrGus mores.

It depends, if the impeller shaft is out of kilter (not straight & therefore jumping, or knocking due to transit / drop damage) then yes, a replacement is likely required.

BUT.

If as a new user you have inadvertently caught / snagged some floating material around the impeller (unlikely, but possible) then removing th cover as shown in the first minute of the linked video… https://youtu.be/NrcVcz0kBks

Is the first thing to check, & also learn how to seat the cover properly which can in itself cause vibration issues as it works free… removing the cover exposes safely (if unplugged) the impeller shaft & water heating element, check for meat label adhesive glue sticker detritus (muck) around it that may be causing sway / or sitting on the element & needs picking off.

It is not uncommon for people to throw thicker meat plastic in the water straight from the supermarket, or if thawing out a package of meat using low sous vide heat, for labels to come off & get onto the shaft / heating element surround.

Before you remove the s/steel “skirt” see if it is sitting tightly with no noticeable movement, seating it may take a couple of attempts having never done that before.

Any resolution from Anova @Blue ?