Oven randomly shuts off after latest firmware

You all need to bitch directly to Anova, LOADS of oven software upgrades & STILL suffering random shutdowns…

Email them folks, this forum is not monitored by Anova staff

The OVEN IS A COMPLETE DOG (it seems, having been on sale for several years & still glitchy AF)

(This is why my wife recently bought another brand of table top oven)

The international est release date for sale was March 2021, so fast approaching 3 years & the software is still duff.

Smart oven? …really!?

Only a small fraction of users are currently having such problems.

Much ado about nothing for most of us.

The overwhelming percentage of users would not give it up if you paid them. Yes, I’ve polled them.

You want to roll the dice on that for uk users maybe where the price outside of a sale is pretty premium?

If it was a new piece of audio kit such as an amplifier then the worst thing would be a loss of music, perhaps a return to the company after a chat with a real live human who knew lots about their products…

For the oven on the other hand, loss of ingredients or a roast (whatever) & the nagging uncertainty of the oven crapping out regularly, numerous updates that do not solve it, abandoned cooks etc… big difference that can be measured fiscally, frustration of getting to a certain point of a cook process & finding the unit has dug its heels in again, frustration that approaching 3 years in the european market it is still locking up.

I thought the bad design of the water cannister (steam supply) was bad, hoped it would end there, but no.

Waiting for a proper fix just drove us away from it altogether based on its sketchy operation potential, & when you consider anova CS personnel knowledge of the product they support is so lacking talking to them is a waste of time, they are non technical, so non technical that they have proven unable to handle their own warranty registry properly, lucky I try to keep boxes for total proof of purchase.

How many in your poll (which I haven’t seen) accessed the CS if they had a problem that was subsequently resolved by operational instruction rather than uplift, & how many in that poll covering what area?

Whilst anova might be available to US costco, faulty product is much harder to walk into a european store to exchange, or even seek a solution to prior to uplift & the logistics involved.

If I could not even get detail of a soft reset solution for a stuck stick wand from anova CS, how likely is that with a far bulkier & complicated item like the oven which if broken takes up a lot more dead space if it incurs problems?

You seem to have a lot of opinions for someone who doesn’t have up to date knowledge. You should probably let the people who actually know advise others with correct information.

For example, the APO is only sold direct and has nothing to do with COSTCO.

If people want to get accurate information they should join the Reddit or Facebook groups, not here, which is essential dead.

I was referring to costco as it has occasionally sold anova product it seems, namely the wand precision cooker, as mentioned by others from time to time, at no point did I say the oven.

Actually, I worked for blue chip companies, on electronics prototypes, production changes, archival, technical, customer service for many years, plenty of experience in sales & service, won numerous industry awards as a result.

Reddit is an oft toxic environment full of little boys trying to score points off each other (literally) with a tonne of supposition rather than fact.

Anova don’t drop salient info over there either adding to the guessing games that you & others over there inevitably indulge in.

People deserve stable software, working goods & solid technical support, they are not getting that.

Stop wasting people’s time.

“Whatever”
The list of flaws that have not been corrected are many.
Be they mechanical or software in origin, & that is not what people bought into when purchasing this oven with all its purported functionality.

Don’t ever go to Germany or Holland their oft straight down the line telling it like it is, approach may be too upsetting to you to understand unless you accept they have pretty high expectations & standards & will even to the point of knocking on your door if you fail to recycle properly, …as it falls short of societal norms & general requirements.

Are all the folk who express their frustration with the product completely wrong then?
(Less a question, more of a statement)

We have a law of “goods fit for purpose” of which the oven walks the line if it were ever to be investigated. consumer goods act of 2015 which also applies to digital elements by association, apps, software et al.

Whilst there may be a difference in your area / state / country, this is how it is here & Europe by association, an arena Anova / Electrolux choose to sell in.

By denying folks real life experience you are the one wasting peoples time, they came on here to voice their experience, I wish it (their experiences) were more positive but that is how it is.

You keep babbling about something you don’t know anything about. Users of this oven overwhelmingly love it and recommend it to others, as shown in this recent poll (results consistent with previous polls):

Please go somewhere else to peddle your uninformed opinions. Or maybe you work for a competitor. If so, they are paying you too much.

And that poll means what. When the oven shuts off and makes my dinner not what it was supposed to be am I supposed to feel good because it has a 98% approval rating in a meaningless poll? No, I’m pissed off because I paid a lot of money for something that’s clearly unfinished.

It suggests you should go online and complain somewhere that no one from the company will ever reply to you.

Oh, wait, you already are. Good luck with that.

I did complain to the company, that got a response suggesting they don’t read support emails, just send generic replies.

So far they have responded in a timely manner to me and even if I’m on my fourth replacement I use it everyday and recommend it to anyone that asks.

And I’m about to be on my third, but what happens after the warranty expires?

Fair question but one you should put to Anova, I don’t remember when anyone from Anova appeared here.

Should it ever get to the FOURTH replacement, it is a big indicator of bigger problems in terms of design overall & make people behind the scenes sweat profusely & thoroughly questioning elements of production, parts supply et al, out on a production line to view, appraise & hopefully effect a decent fix.

Boston, two months is nothing in terms of durability, nor design lifespan of a kitchen product, keep flashing your stats, they look ridiculous, this is a kitchen product that should be fit for years of use.

To accuse me of being here working for a direct competitor!? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you for the entertainment though, stick around & maybe help out those rolling through here with product problems if they have not thrown in the towel, because someone needs to help them be it user error or the unit spazzing out, if they can be bothered, & maybe poll them as to “recommending to a friend”

It could be coincidence, but I tried the external fan experiment after a GFCI trip caused a shut-off at 425F Rear 100% steam. With a fan blowing at the oven (and wall socket) following that instance, I was able to steam-bake bagels without issue. I think there is something to the steam setting off GFCI for those of us with that issue. FWIW, the GFCI issue I experienced soon after purchase in September disappeared for about two months, then reappeared last week with no other changes to the environment.