Oven randomly shuts off after latest firmware

Mine has shut down 3 times over the last 2 weeks, then once it seems to have cooled down enough it comes back on. I just sent an email to support.

My oven has recently started doing this, no notifications or any sign besides it just shutting off- case fan still running as mentioned before. It’s annoying because it’s happening at a low temp of 350F, so it shouldn’t be overheating.

Same for me

Today I reconnected my phone to the oven, and updated the firmware and since the oven shuts down several time already or goes to 65C and timer 00. The cooking temperature wasn’t even high because I’m making stock… does anybody know how to go back to the old firmware ? Or how to solve this ? Sent an email to support, will update if I have any answers

Anova people do not follow our updates/questions. No help here at all.
I removed Anova App from my cell phone. I use my own cooking procedures and the app was intefering. Overriding my (manually entered) settings.

Anyone else notice it more when using the on unit controls vs using the app?

Any news from Anova technical service on this? Can’t fidnd a way of these random shut off.
Is there a way to go back to some previous firmware?

This is happening to me as well. Firmware 2.0.11.

Same for me…only started after the update to firmware 2.0.11.
oven shuts right off, including controls. I have to unplug and open the door for a few minutes (seems to need to cool off) Then replug it back in…It’s random, but virtually guaranteed to happen above 400 degrees.

Firmware 2.1.3. 130ºF Sous Vide mode. Shut off 3 times so far this evening.

it never happen before.
But since update Firmware 2.1.3 last month it happen at least on 3 different occasion during the last month.
Today it happen 3 time whithin a 30 min periode.

the oven shutdown (no light) then restart by it self at 150F after fiew min.

did anyone know how to fix it ?

I’ve had multiple shutdowns when baking (~450ºF) as well as cooking at lower temperatures. Didn’t happen before I upgraded to 2.1.3 and not sure what to do, other than do a factory reset and pray.

I just did the firmware update and my oven keeps turning off randomly, which is a real pain.

I did upgrade to 2.1.3 from factory reset, have above mentioned issue twice in a row (Proof, interrupted after few minutes, restart, again after few minutes). Then I unplug oven, leave it through the night, powered it on in the morning, no issues since then… knock knock on a wood. Also reported back to anova support. Not sure if my process solved the issue or I’m just lucky. :slight_smile:

I did a factory reset, and worked ok for a few days but now its back to turning off randomly :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Firmware 2.1.5. Had my ovens turn off partway through cooks. Pesky!

Looking forward to resolution before I start on some l o n g cooks.

Same here. 2.1.5 installed. It seemed a bit better but today it rebooted again after 63 minutes. So while it probably fixed a bit, the issue isn’t entirely gone.

Ticket submitted to Anova, hopefully they can find a cause.

Firmware 2.1.5. Had my ovens turn off partway through cooks. Pesky!.

Same problem here, Firmware 2.1.7, was cooking meat at 450 and random shut off.
Just read on reddit that a fan might solve the problem (maybe it’s steam related?).
Anyone tried?

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnovaPrecisionOven/comments/12y624o/anova_precision_oven_keeps_shutting_off/

After performing the firmware update, my oven has an annoying habit of shutting off at random intervals. It’s becoming quite a hassle.