Question about Device voltage

Hi. I have ordered “Anova Precision Cooker WiFi” product yesterday.
I would like to ask you a question about this product.

I ordered a 120V (USA) product.
Is this product voltage free?

If I want to use this product in a country that uses 220V, do I need a transformer?
Or do I only need a 220V plug adapter?

Hi @odin0215!

To answer your questions:

  1. The US plug type is 110v, and is meant to be used with just US plugs
  2. Unfortunately you cannot use a transformer to use the 110V product (US plug type) with a 220V plug type (EU, UK, HK, AU etc), as even if you use a transformer or an adapter, this may cause the device to short out and is not covered by the warranty.

I do wish they could be used with many plugs types easily, but that unfortunately is not the case :slight_frown:

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you out with!


I just received a Anova Precision Cooker from my family in the United States for Christmas. Unfortunately I live in London, which works on 240V for electrical appliances. Will this work in London? Or are your previous comments still valid?

@Jmspaziante Hunter’s comments are still true. You should only use the appropriate plug/voltage for where you will be using the device in. I’d suggest reaching out to to see if you’re able to exchange your device for one that can be used in London.

Bear in mind that most high wattage transformers are not designed for long periods of use. They need a cooldown break every so often as the heat in the coils builds. I really wouldn’t recommend trying this for a SV cooker

I am currently in USA, can I buy European Cooker in here, or are they available in EU exclusively?

More info here:

A transformer will work fine as long as it is rated for the load. But it’s easier and cheaper to buy a device that matches your mains voltage.