Sauces for Shrimp - recommendation?

Thinking about making shrimp tonight and saucin’ it up. Wondering if anyone has a favorite or any recommendations? I have a little bit of garlic chili sauce from the time I made tofu, but I’m looking into other options.

What are some easy, tasty sauces that pair well with shrimp?

I like this, you can adapt it if doing sous vide. I give the sauce a quick cook on the stove and pour over the shrimp in the bag.
Enjoy, Taras

Shrimp Scampi
Serves 4
This Garlicky, Lemony Shrimp Dish Is A Classic Best Served With Plenty Of Crusty Bread To Sop Up The Sauce.
The Cooking Process Moves As Quickly As A Stir-Fry,
So You’ll Want To Have All Your Ingredients Prepared In Advance And Ready To Go.
Ingredients
2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 Pound (21 To 25 Count) Shrimp, Peeled And Deveined
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
2 Large Plum Tomatoes, Peeled, Seeded, And Diced
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Vermouth Or Dry White Wine
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Cut Into 4 Pieces
2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
Kosher Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Preparation Method
Heat The Oil In A Large Skillet Or Sauté Pan Over Medium Heat Until It Shimmers, 1 To 2 Minutes, Then Add The Shrimp.
Cook, Stirring often, Until The Shrimp Start To Curl And Turn Pink, 1 To ½ Minutes.
Add The Garlic And Cook Until Fragrant, About 30 Seconds, Then Add The Tomatoes And Cook For 30 Seconds More.
Turn Off The Heat And Stir In The Lemon Juice And Vermouth. Add The Butter, Stirring It Into The Sauce Until It Melts. Stir
In 1 Tablespoon Of The Parsley And Season With Salt And Pepper. Sprinkle The Remaining 1 Tablespoon Of Parsley Over
The Top And Serve.

1 Like

I like ketchup and fresh horseradish proportions to taste.

Thank you! I definitely have those two things on hand. Will experiment tomorrow. Equal proportions for both? @john.jcb

Thank youuuu @islandgrandpa

You’re welcome.

No start out with quite a bit more ketchup. Fresh horseradish is quite strong and takes a little getting use to like wasabi.

1 Like

Sorry, almost forgot about this one. This is a Thai Sweet Chili Sauce or Nam Chim Kia. If you can’t find red jalapeno or red Fresno chili’s or don’t want to make the sauce yourself, you can go to your supermarket and usually find Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce in the Oriental section. You can use this as a bbq sauce for chicken and seafood. And as a dipping sauce for chicken tenders, fish sticks and shrimp cocktails.

Carla Cardello (www.chocolatemoosey.com)
YIELDS 1
Sweet Chili Sauce
Adjust the heat with the amount of jalapeno seeds you add.

Ingredients
2 large red jalapeno peppers, chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp water
Instructions
Puree together the jalapenos, garlic, vinegar, sugar, 3/4 cup water, and salt in a blender until smooth as possible. Transfer to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for about 3 minutes or until the mixture slightly thickens.
In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and 2 Tbsp water until smooth. Add to the pepper mixture and simmer for another few minutes or until the mixture is thickened slightly. It’s still going to be a little bit runny. The cornstarch is added to help suspend the pepper and garlic bits rather than have them sink to the bottom.
Let cool completely then store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.

1 Like

In a medium pan, fry garlic, lots, for 30 seconds. Add lots of parsley and some butter. Pour over cooked prawns.

1 Like