Scratched Display on Brand New Precision Cooker - RESOLVED

I just received my precision cooker only to pull the unit out and find the display scratched. I’m someone who likes to take care of my cookware and belongings in general. I am a bit ticked to have received a brand new unit with scratches. For anyone else who has received theirs already how was the condition?

RESOLVED - The display has a protective film over it. This wasn’t exactly clear as there is usually a tab to pull it off. I had to gently scrape the edge of the film with my fingernail to remove it.

Have you tried peeling the protective cover off the display?

@claycooper - thanks for that. I thought there had to be some sort of protective film but there is usually a little tab to pull it off - not the case with my unit so it wasn’t exactly clear.

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll look into putting a tab on the protective film.

1 Like

Yep. Gave me a scare at first. I opted to leave the plastic on for added protection.

Yep. Gave me a scare at first. I opted to leave the plastic on for added protection.
Same thing. I had it running and hubby says "Oh god, the screen looks awful. Isn't this only a few weeks old?!" I panicked a little until I realized that the protective cover was still on and IT was scratched. I've kept it on.

Thanks for this! I opened the device and was disheartened to see the screen - I swore for a moment that they had sent me a used unit. Yes, a tab or some indicator that it’s a protective film would be nice.

lol, this just solved my scratched screen too!