I made a rack of baby back ribs, and they turned out very good, I just feel they could have used a little less rub.
After looking at various recipes, checking out the temps and times, I settled on 150* for 24 hours.
I made a rub, loosly using a recipe for the amounts of spices so I'd have enough to cover the ribs.
I cut the rack in 1/2, and removed the membrane. I then put some grainy dijon mustard on the bone side of the ribs, bad idea, as it wouldn't spread. So I switched to yellow mustard, that spread much better. I did this to make the rub stick to the ribs. I then coated the ribs with the rub. I mean coated. I should have used a lighter hand with the rub, but they still turned out really good.
Into the 150* water bath they went, using a rack to hold them on their sides.
Over the lid I used foil to help seal the unit, and wrapped a kitchen towel around the circulator to help decrease evaporation.
The cooking started at 4:30pm Wednesday. To be done between 1:30-4:30 Thursday. I let it go the full 24 hours.
When done, I patted the ribs dry, and wiped off the spice rub from the bone side of the ribs, as I was afraid there was too much.
Q sauced the bone side and seared using my Searzall (first time using it!) Flipped, sauced and seared the other side, put some pickled jalapenos on and heated them.
When I sliced the ribs they were, I think, almost what some refer to as the type that is preferred in competetive cooking, tender yet not falling off the bone.
I served them with oven roasted smashed potatoes.
I think I may be getting the hang of this way of cooking! I do know I really like it!
Now, what to cook next.......hmmmmm.......