Thanksgiving Share and Care

Calling all Anova Food Nerds! :turkey: :maple_leaf: :fallen_leaf: :fork_and_knife:

I want you to share your ideas for Thanksgiving!

Believe it or not, Turkey Day is just around the corner; the time has come to start thinking about recipes and menus, and how you are going to fit your entire extended family at your dining room table.

Between the cranberry sauce, cooking a whole turkey, and making sides, it can all seem a little overwhelming. Luckily, we all have each other.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, letā€™s all help each other out in figuring out this crazy holiday.

This is your place to share your favorite Sous Vide Thanksgiving recipes, your concerns, your questions, and of course the secret to amazing sweet potatoes. :wink:

Do you think I can get through the holiday with one Anova? I have so many sous vide dishes that I want to try!

Iā€™m really interested in cooking a whole turkey, but I am a little bit nervous about it :confounded: Has any one ever tried it? and how did it turn out?

Also any thoughts on a good cranberry sauce?

One of my favorite recipes is glazed carrots.

I wash and peal carrots (cut them up or leave whole) and place them in vacuum bag with 2-3 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar then seal. I cook them for an hour at 185Ā°F.

When the time is up place carrots and glaze in sauce pan and reduce until the carrots are coated with the glaze. Salt and pepper to taste.

3 Likes

This is a great recipe for Mash Potatoes you can make ahead of time for Thanksgiving!