The ANOVA Precision Cooker Container

I purchased the Precision Cooker Container and it has been a huge disappointment! When I fill it with water, the container walls flex so much that the molded lugs (intended to hold the wire grate in place) flexes and the grate will not stay in place. Also, the lid does not have a positive seat when placed.

I found a much less expensive alternative on Amazon that works far better.

I agree; I have had the exact same problem with the 12 quart Anova container. It’s particularly bad when doing high-temperature cooks, as you do for most vegetables. I’m going to make a couple of stainless steel straps, hooked at the ends, to place over the container when it’s filled, but if that doesn’t work I’ll take your advice.

1 Like

I’ve been using the Lipavi container for several years.

LIPAVI C10 Sous Vide Container 12 quarts

Polycarbonate lid with cutout to match your brand of immersion cooker is sold separately.

Which container from Anova are you talking about? They have a couple different ones…12, 16 & 20L ones… The 20 is double walled, so, can’t see it actually having flex in the walls of it…

I’m a newbie, using the 16L container that came with the unit from Costco. Doesn’t flex at all for me. Seems a little large for me at times though. The 12L you have looks interesting. What brand?

Hey Mark! We made design changes to limit the flexing in the 16L, and you have that updated design!

Thanks! That makes sense. And the more I use my Precision Cooker, the more I’m thinking the 16L isn’t so large after all. I’m putting more and more in it!

Haha! There ya go! Happy cooking.

What about those of us who have the original 16L container? Can we get a “fixed” design upgrade at a discount? Or return the one that we have?

1 Like

How disappointing.

I was a fairly early adopter of this product. Frankly, I wish I had waited until more reviews were available.

My container has the same spread issue. I had hoped mine was just a lemon, but it appears as though the first generation was poorly designed.

Especially sad to see no reply from Anova, yet they reply within days to those who have the newer, problem free, model.

Drop us a note and we can get a replacement rack out to you! support@anovaculinary.com

Thank you for the reply, however I do not believe you understand the problem. The rack is fine. The issue is the plastic bows when filled with water. The lid does not fall in, but there are gaps on either side of where it fits on the tub.

1 Like

The redesign is with the rack which fits tighter and limits flexing. This is the improvement that newer orders are receiving and previous users are also able to get. We will take care of anyone who has an issue regardless of when you purchased.

Oh yea! Please email support@anovaculinary.com and we can assist!

The first time that I requested a replacement it was refused. I have now sent you another request per your recent posting.

Thank you again. I have corresponded with customer service. While I have not received the replacement rack, I will update once again when I do in hopes of helping others with the same problem.

1 Like

Is there a specific model # to identify from the redesign and the old design of the anova precision cooker container?

If purchased from Costco with the Precision cooker & container kit, includes the original or redesigned cotnainer with the rack that fits tighter and limits flexing?

The redesigned one!