Unbelievably good chicken :)

I feel kind of dumb to have waited (wasted) 50+ years before learning to make “juicy, tender, amazingly flavored” chicken breasts :slight_smile:
But better late than never, right ?

Here were my steps.

1. I heavily Jaccarded a couple of large boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
  2. Marinated overnight in Teryaki, a little salt + generous black pepper and garlic powder.
  3. Sous Vide’d for 2 hrs @ 150
  4. Chilled in fridge for 1 hr.
  5. Pulled out of SV bag, patted dry, and brushed with avocado oil, then seared about 90 seconds on each side on top of a very hot charcoal chimney.

Now, most people know, that boneless, skinless chicken breasts, are “notoriously dry” in the first place ! So, if you had seen these breasts on the plate, you would imagine that it was going to take a BIG glass of whatever you were drinking to even wash it down ! But no ! It was super juicy, but such a nice, browned surface. Flavor was as good as it gets :slight_smile: Smoky, and just enough Teryaki and seasonings :slight_smile:
This was absolutely the best chicken I’ve ever made. Even my GF (who usually gets more excited over deserts, cakes, etc) agreed it was the best chicken she has ever had :slight_smile: I had kind of gone away from breasts, to thighs, because of the dryness issues… But no longer ! Back to breasts now for sure.

Greatest thing about Sous Vide, is that any dummy could read this ^ and easily repeat it for the same exact results :slight_smile: And, I really think you should :wink:

1 Like

Welcomeeeeeee to the good chicken side!!

1 Like

It’s good eh? Next time you might want to try even lower. I usually cook my breasts to 60°C (140°F) and I really enjoy the texture. I time it based on Baldwin’s pasteurisation tables but usually just end up leaving it for up to 4 hours.

I kind of want to try pasteurizing it at even lower temps but I’m not sure I’d find it appealing. Really must get around to it one day.

I’m totally open to this… But I think I’ll do it in steps… Like 147 the next time… 144 after… And just see how those changes are working for me. :+1: …and bumping up my time accordingly.

1 Like