What happened to APO oven Alexa announcements?

My APO stopped making Alexa announcements many months ago. I depend on these announcements due to the APO not able to turn off programmatically. Does anyone get announcements or is it just me?

Let us know your findings Steve, presumably you have already tried asking anova staff directly, you are no beginner here, thus no stranger to no anova staff answering (helping) on the forum.

You might check your Alexa devices and turn Announcements for the APO on. I notice that for some reason (perhaps an Alexa update) these announcements get turned off.

It’s on. I’ve turned announcements on and off several times but still nothing. Do you get annoucements from your Alexa devices?

You are correct, I no longer seem to get announcements

Does anyone reading this get announcements?

I have been talking to Anova about this since late January. However, I have finally figured out a workaround on my own. The oven sends notifications via Alexa to, for example, my iPhone. One can set Siri to read these notifications.

Odd that tech support says no announcement issues. Would still like to know if anyone IS getting announcements. They are critical for me since oven can’t turn itself off.