Wifi Refuses To Connect

Trying to connect the ANOVA Precision Cooker to Wifi, but it’s still not working. Support doesn’t seem to be there and calling in just gets an machine that your unavailable.

Device is plugged in and connected via bluetooth.
Device is less then an inch away from the router. (Attempted slightly farther same result)
Wifi is 2.4GHz
Wifi password is 8 Characters
Wifi password contains no special characters
Tried turning device on and off
Tried turning phone on and off
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app
Read through forums and see no solutions going back as far as 2015.
Wifi works for every single device we have ever tried to connect

Hmmm that’s weird. What was your ticket number with customer support?

No reply from support so no ticket.

Ahh gotcha.

Usually an automatic response is generated with a ticket number after an email is submitted. Depending on your email settings, it may fall into your spam folder.

I think I may have found your email to us, though. Peter, our tech customer support guy responded with steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Nothing in my email inbox or spam folder yet. I’ll keep waiting.

Gonna PM you.

I had the exact issue. I spent several days talking with customer service and a tech at Anova, all to no avail. Finally they had me return it for a new one. Once I recieved the new unit it connected to wifi immediately! I felt Anova personnel tried everything to fix my original unit but it was just - defective. It happens. I felt they did a good job and got the new APC to me pretty quickly. Good Luck with yours!

1 Like

Another friend in pain…

to quote

Device is plugged in and connected via bluetooth.
Device is less then an inch away from the router. (Attempted slightly farther same result)
Wifi is 2.4GHz
Wifi password is 8 Characters
Wifi password contains no special characters
Tried turning device on and off
Tried turning phone on and off
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app
Read through forums and see no solutions going back as far as 2015.
Wifi works for every single device we have ever tried to connect

Have the exact same issue like the threadstarter with my brand new wifi cooker
Checked all tips with no success :frowning:

Though i am an IT-engineer for 20 years…

Can´t believe such a big problem hasn´t been thoroughly investigated and solved yet or at least a hardware error been found as fault. (after all there are obviously exchanges made that help in this matter)

No, wifi connection via iPhone 6. Same problem as previous poster. Tried the same steps as above. Any advice?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue :frowning:

I was able to get my new (replacement) device to connect to wifi while it was by the router, but once I set it up in the kitchen, the app crashed and I lost both the wifi connection and the bluetooth. I was able to re-pair the bluetooth, but now every time I try to connect the wifi, my app crashes.

I’m using an iPhone6 with iOS 11.2.2

The reason I got the new device was because my old one stopped connecting to wifi, and I assumed it was the device. Now, I’m wondering if I should just send the new one back and deal with the old one.

Sounds like something funky is going on with the app. Please reach out to support@anovaculinary.com. Our tech support can dig a little deeper into this!

Thank you. I just sent them an email with the following:

For the past 24 hours, I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to connect my cooker. I suspected the problem was the app, though now I’m not certain that the app is the only problem.

I’m using an iPhone6 with iOS 11.2.2, with the most recent Anova Culinary app, and an AirPort Time Capsule router with firmware version 7.7.9.

Here are the steps I followed:

1. I uninstalled my Anova app.
  2. I reset the new cooker using the WiFi light indicator, twice, then unplugged the cooker.
  3. I moved the cooker into the room with the router and placed it within 18” of the router.
  4. I reinstalled the app, closed all other apps in my phone, then rebooted my phone.
  5. I made certain that my phone was connected to the correct network and checked the cooker’s signal strength (“Excellent”)
  6. I launched the app and connected via Bluetooth
  7. I logged on to my Anova account and followed the process to connect to WiFi.

At this point, one of two things happened.

The first time, the connection went smoothly. So I unplugged the cooker and returned it to the kitchen. When I reopened the app to begin cooking, the app indicated that the cooker was lost and needed to reconnect, but it couldn’t even connect via Bluetooth without going back to step 1, above.

The next time I reached step 7, above, the wifi attempt failed and when I told it to try again, the app crashed.

1. Uninstall your app.
  2. Push down on the “Bluetooth/Wi-Fi” symbol on the head of the unit until it beeps. Do this TWICE.
    3.Re-install app
    4.Turn phone off or re-boot
  3. go through setup procedures again
  4. Make sure any router extenders/boosters in the house are OFF during the setup process.

I went through the same beating and finally gave up and sent it back to Amazon for an exchange. The new one connected immediately.

Good luck.