Wow ! Beef brisket is really cheap !

Okay, so my first brisket turned out fantastic :smiley: 155 for 26 hrs. Flavor was excellent. Only seasoned it with salt, pepper and granulated garlic.

It was super tender. Could have been a little juicierā€¦ But I had it swimming in the juice that cooked out of it. Speaking of which, the juice was super flavorful. I should have cooked it down a little, but was worried it would be too salty. After eating it, that would not have been a problem. Oh well next time.
In fact, even as good as it was, I think Iā€™ll still try 135 for 40 hrs, just to see what we like best.
Oh, the side dish was my GFā€™s famous Zucchini Au Graten :wink: Also off the freaking chain :slightly_smiling_face: Had to go back for seconds of both !

Oh, I also cooked a few pieces of the point (which I kind of destroyed) and it was even better than the flat !

PS, Over on the keto forum, one guy used brisket, along with jalepenoā€™s, cream cheese and bacon to make something he called brisket Popperā€™s, and they looked so good, we are doing those tommorow with the left overs :slightly_smiling_face:

ā€¦and if I have to do another one for my weekend work sandwiches, so be it :slightly_smiling_face:

Did you try the pull test on one of your slices?

I wonder how a little Liquid Smoke would work out to give it that cooked in a smoker taste?

Yes. It tore very easily, and it cut easily with a fork. But anyway, check back later, or tomorrowā€¦ I have another big hunk of brisket in the SV now, at 135 for about 40hrsā€¦ Going to see what we like betterā€¦

Most recently did 70hrs @52.3C (142F). Came out amazing with salt, pepper, garlic and liquid smoke. Cut mine into 3 roasts, we get them from Costco here for $9/kg ($4/lb), I then spice, and double vac them and freeze ready to go.

Finally someone doing brisket at an intermediate temp ! I always hear of 129 /130ā€¦ Or 155 ! Iā€™ve done close to both, and 133 was too rare, and 155 was too done. 138-143 sounds perfect to me. In fact, I just finished a tri tip at 138, and it was the best SV Iā€™ve ever done !! Finally have my temp figured out :wink: At least for Tri tip and brisketā€¦

Looks really tasty<<

PRIME is the highest quality grade of beef. It is supposed to have more marbling, than Choice. The fat gives the roast more better flavor and juciness, especially in a long cook, like sous vide. PRIME makes the most difference, in a STEAK.

Any brisket will have a lot of fat, so buy the cheaper one.

Most of the fat on a brisket is on the outside of the meat. It does not penetrate the meat when cooked. Prime brisket has more marbling which makes for tastier and more juicy finished product. I prefer prime brisket.

When it is really cheap I like to add choice trimmed brisket to my hamburger grind. It has excellent beefy flavor but it needs fat and I get that from chuck roast.

Nice briskets, I envy your luck :wink: Looks tasty.