Alerts in app won't close

I just got my Anova and I used a rib-eye recipe from Serious Eats in the app. Once it reached the desired temperature, I got the alert “Temp Reached. The water is now ready. You can place your ingredients in the pot.” I did and clicked OK but the alert keeps popping up. I can’t access the app after that because it won’t let me close that alert.

Definitely not normal and sounds like a bug!

Sorry to hear that happening !
Was it iOS or Android device that you had the app installed on?

In the meantime, I’ve submitted this to my dev team to investigate. The more info the better and we’ll get it fixed asap !

Having the same problem on iPhone 6+ with Apple watch.

hi @ext212 and @pahtcub

I’m Christina, from Anova’s mobile app team. I’m sorry to hear that you guys are having this notification issue.
We are currently working on a fix for this and we will submit an update to the store as soon as we fix it.

We will let you know when this issue is fixed.  
Feel free to reach out to me (christina@anovaculinary.com) if you have any other questions or issues about the mobile app

Thank you,
Christina

I quit using the anova app because of this.  I constantly get notifications that temp is reached.  Sometimes it resets and starts the clock over again.  Very annoying. 

Mike

Wow, 3 1/2 years later and I having the same problem. Water temp reached notification will not leave!!!

Whoever writes the code for the Anova can’t program their way out of a brown paper bag. The solution is simple: don’t use the app. It doesn’t do anything useful anyway. Set the temperature and start the cooker manually, set a timer on your phone, and turn the Anova off when your phone alarm goes off.

That solves the problem permanently, and no more annoying beeps, stuck notifications, and various other insane behaviours that way.

Can you let me know what kind of device you’re using (Android, iOS, or otherwise)?

Galaxy S7 Edge Android version 8. I finally found a workaround - I go into the app settings, disable notifications, it goes off, then re-enable.

1 Like

Thank you. Even though you found a workaround, I will resubmit the bug to the team.

I’m just here to say that on my Samsung Note 8 the Anova APP persistent notification says that the Anova is connected. But I’m in my office, the Anova is at home, switched off, and is at a location where the WIFI doesn’t work on the cooker (have submitted a support ticket on this issue).

Following what @Joshua_McDonald said managed to resolve it.