Anova App Timer Resetting

Hello, I’m not sure if this issue has been brought up before, but a cursory examination of the threads didn’t turn anything up.

I use my Wi-Fi APC with my phone app almost exclusively, in that i set the temperatures and times from my phone. I notice that after the preheating phase, there will be an alert on the app that goes “The water is now ready. Please place your ingredients in the pot if you have not already done so”, and you have to click “ok” to dismiss it.

The issue is that when I click “ok”, the timer resets to the original time that I set. Meaning that if I set a cook for 2 hours, and I click “ok” an hour after the preheat finished (because I didn’t check my phone for some reason), the timer resets to the 2-hour mark. It is not a major issue, since I am usually around and can rectify the problem, but it is mildly annoying to have to reset the timer.

I would appreciate if you could look into this issue. Thank you!

1 Like

agree with you… It’s a little bit annoying that you always have to pay attention to the app.

Yes, mine also same issue. Clicking ok momentarily stops and restarts the cooker.

Hmm this might be a bug, actually. Going to let the product team know! Sorry about that guys.

Also - can you all let me know if you’re using iOS or Android? @mejakm @Yh_Lee @kl005

If iOS, make sure you’re updated to the most recent version of the app.

It’s Android Oreo 8.0. Despite multiple app updates this still persist in resetting the timer, but the manually preset temperature still maintains.

Thought I was doing something wrong also. Very aggravating. I also use Android. Please correct bug…

I’m also using Android ( 7.0 )

Thanks guys for the info! Will ping our product team regarding this bug!

Sorry for the late response! I’m on android too.

1 Like

Actually yesterday when cooking my steak the timer stayed on the Anova device but on the phone afterwards I closed the app for the first time It wasn’t showing the time anymore (just in the app) but neverthless there wasn’t time ticking in the app, actually when the steak was cooked I received the message that my food is ready to be eaten. :slight_smile: so there are some buggs. :slight_smile:
P.S. If you need a frontend developer I will be happy to move to the USA hahah :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Same problem here. Android 8.0. nerve wracking being at work with a 48 hour swim going on. timer resets to show blanks through out the day. When I go to reset time, luckily the remaining time shows in the app and I have to press enter to have the countdown resume. The accuracy of the remaining time seems to be ok. Thanks for getting the bug fixers on the hunt.

1 Like

I noticed that too now! At least it’s an improvement over the previous issue :stuck_out_tongue:

Up till now the countdown timer on the app still not showing, even I’ve set the temperature and cook time on the app.

Appears like anova support is totally blah.

Hmm. The countdown timer shows up for me. I used the app the other day. I would let support know if you continue to see the issue.

Seems to me it resets if the water temp goes below the desired temp. I was some time into a 4 hour cook and next thing I know I see that it was reset to 4 hours.

Thank you so much for this. I was into this issue and tired to tinker around to check if its possible but couldnt get it done. Now that i have seen the way you did it, thanks guys
with
regards
https://akinator.ooo/ https://xender.vip/ https://kik.onl/

1 Like

It’s January 2019 and this problem is still occurring. I got an anova for Christmas and I absolutely love it except for this timer issue. Latest release of iOS and latest edition of the app.

I am a little bit upset at the moment but I could be doing something wrong on my end.

The app appears to reset the target temp upon reaching the target temp and then the water bath begins to quickly decline from the target temp.

Looking in the app it looks like the app seems to reset the target temp to around 64*F.

Now to me this is not a product that is working as advertise, particularly a key function.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks

edit, I am using the android app