Anova Precision Pro refuses to start up

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone else has had the issue when starting their cooker, the only display shown is the plus sign, which does not respond when pressed, do other lights come on. The unit’s wifi is available several minutes after restarting, but unable to join the network for the app to access it (app can not make it join the home network).

Please contact Anova Support.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, John…
I did reach out to support, whom asked several unrelated questions about my setup, completely missing the point that the unit displays only the plus sign on powering up. Most would miss that the 4 digit number to pair the device in-app is the 4 digits in the unit’s SSID… the only way to get it since the display is not functioning (and cant be reset by pressing the button to create a new random number in it’s SSID).
Was hoping the community might know a way to reset this device in hope of resurrecting the unit. At the least, letting people whom have the same issue know it’s an issue to contact support for assistance.

1 Like

Anova may reply. My units are pre-WiFi so I am of little help.

Worries me when the display of the unit isn’t working correctly, yet they ask for details of my ISP, phone, OS, app version, etc… let’s hope they reply this week, makes it hard when support is based in the US, with US East coast hours, and I’m in Australia…

I believe that ANOVA’s ‘help’ is contracted through Zendesk with the boilerroom CSR reading from a scripted input to an ‘expert’ system. If that is indeed the case then I recommend ANOVA take help in house to reflect their real comittment to customer satisfaction.

We have support hours all hours of the day, not just US times. CS will reply ASAP

We hire and train all of our agents, Zendesk is the system we use, but they do not provide agents.

That can’t be the case when I replied late Friday afternoon US East time and didn’t get another response until Monday morning again US East time (Australia’s Tuesday)… This product (especially one sold as a Pro version) needs considerably more documentation, and a much better app (which perhaps can tell the user some debug info to help your service desk)… You need to find a way that users can do a hard reset on the device (or restore thru a PC/phone to a previous or newer firmware)

2 Likes

There was likely a backlog of tickets ahead of yours which delayed response a bit, and agents do take normal days off as well. We are staffed 7 days a week, in multiple time zones.

Hi everyone. I must say that I had a similar problem with three devices, the last one received yesterday to replace the previous one, and that is the only signal lit on the display is the plus sign, which does not respond to pressure and the device is dead.
The disarming thing is that the problem manifested itself upon first use of the last two devices received to replace the first one purchased, which I had been able to use for some time. When I first turned it on I followed the procedure indicated, that is, installing the app on the smartphone and pairing the latter with the Anova Precision Cooker Pro. On the first attempt the smartphone found the roner, then the smartphone attempted to connect to the WiFi network without success .
At that point I closed the app and then restarted it and, upon request, I entered the 4-digit code displayed on the device display but the smartphone was unable to find it and, after a few minutes of trying, the message “something went wrong and try again.” At that point I turned off the power to the roner, waiting 30 seconds before putting the plug back into the outlet.
I plugged it back in and at that point only the + sign lit up and the unit shut down completely.
Since I categorically exclude the power supply line as the cause of the problem, which I had checked by a technician, I believe that it is rather an internal problem with the device which should be restored in some way with the power supply inserted and not simply by removing the plug from the taken, because it is not possible that the device has been physically damaged.

I have basically the same problem, ecept mine worked for a few months and then lost connection to the app. So I tried to reconnect and went through the steps (first time failed to connect to wifi) second time no connection. Unplugged and plugged unit in and only thing showing was the + sign, no response to anything.
Seems like a device flaw. Sent an e-mail to support, waiting to hear back. hopefully warranty covers it, otherwise I’m going to buy a Joule.

1 Like