Anova wifi pre-order shipping for Canada

I placed a pre-order for the wifi version, and it shows as shipping in ‘Oct 2015’. Do you have any more details yet when orders will start shipping to Canada? I placed my order in early September.

@anova_novice Somehow missed this, I apologize.
We've started shipping pre-orders, canadians included! We're expecting to have all orders fulfilled by end of the month (October) 

Hope that helps!

• Well, I decided to cancel my order. Customer service was
    quick to process the refund request, which was great, but otherwise it’s been a
    frustrating experience that makes me reluctant to recommend Anova. The website states
    that there are warehouses in Toronto and Vancouver. Since I live in Toronto I
    assumed (I think a fair assumption) that it would ship from the local warehouse
    (Canadian, at least), but I got a notification this morning showing it shipping
    from Texas. I don’t want to pay the duties and any fees associated with international
    shipping, so I cancelled.

The order process has been a frustrating too, especially to get timelines on when things are being sent out. I totally get that Anova is a small startup, but given the long thread about delivery annoyances around the 1st post-kickstarter wave, I would have hoped they’d ironed out their operational difficulties. Even a window-based approach along the lines of ‘we’re shipping orders received up to Sept 10th by October 20th’ etc. would have been helpful.

I would be tempted to order the Bluetooth version in replace the Texas-shipped wifi order that I cancelled, but I’m not sure if it will ship anytime soon, and I’m also very concerned that it would ship out of the US again, and I’d just be in the same spot as I am right now.

When did you order? I ordered September 7th, and I still haven’t received shipping notification - I’m sure they got a LOT of orders in the first few days, so I’m not too bothered, but I’m hoping that it’ll be soon so I can stop obsessively checking my email. (No, just not obsessively checking my email right now isn’t an option. Stop looking at me like that! :-P)

It’s definitely too bad that they’re shipping Canadian orders from the US. An order from Vancouver would get to me in 2 days, but from Texas is probably going to take 2 weeks. And yeah, paying duty is not my favourite thing ever.

@CanadianDot said:
When did you order? I ordered September 7th, and I still haven’t received shipping notification - I’m sure they got a LOT of orders in the first few days, so I’m not too bothered, but I’m hoping that it’ll be soon so I can stop obsessively checking my email. (No, just not obsessively checking my email right now isn’t an option. Stop looking at me like that! :-P)

It’s definitely too bad that they’re shipping Canadian orders from the US. An order from Vancouver would get to me in 2 days, but from Texas is probably going to take 2 weeks. And yeah, paying duty is not my favourite thing ever.

I placed my order September 8th and got an email yesterday suggesting my order would ship in the ‘next two or three weeks’, followed by the shipping label from Texas.

Not to suggest it’s a better or worse product, but the Sansaire is available in-store at The Bay for us Canucks. It may be worth considering, depending on what you expect the timing and duties to look like.

We currently ship from within Canada for the Bluetooth devices, and we’ve made exceptions to ship from the US for our customers in special circumstances for the WI-FI devices. 

The reason why a few customers have seen FedEx shipments from the Texas facility is due to the WI-FI devices being shipped for exceptions as stated above. That being said, any customer that has encountered duties or additional fees from the cross-border shipping has had that amount refunded on their receipt :slight_smile:

We WILL be shipping the new WI-FI devices from within Canada (Toronto, Vancouver), which is expected to start shipping late next week (thursday/friday) once the shipments arrive at our Canadian warehouses.

With all that being said - We’ve definitely done a poor job of communicating the shipping process and times, and that is definitely something that I’m working hard to improve. Its been a bumpy ride but we’re determined to get your devices to your doors as fast as possible :slight_smile:

p.s. I’m Canadian, I completely sympathize with duties, imports, everything!

@anova_novice, I’m going to hold out for the Anova. I’m fortunately in a place where I can afford the extra costs (this is a new thing, believe me), and I’m pretty patient. No matter what it is, it’s still unlikely to be as bad as the fridge we bought on sale but was backordered, and that didn’t come in for 4 months. I’m guessing that the factory making those was just one guy making the whole fridge by hand.

@Bill I hope you guys can figure out a communication strategy that works well for you and the customers both. Remembering, of course, that you can’t make all the people happy all the time. And thanks for the heads-up on the Canadian warehouse timelines! It’s nice to know that my order will likely be coming from Vancouver, because then it just needs to take a quick ferry ride.

Also, as long as the product is good, I don’t mind waiting, and I’m ordering the Anova because of the reviews I’ve read, and it seems like it has exactly what I’m looking for. :slight_smile:

I must agree… This has probably been the worse preorder experience when it comes to the shipping of the product.

@Bill said: That being said, any customer that has encountered duties or additional fees from the cross-border shipping has had that amount refunded on their receipt :slight_smile:

Hi Bill,

How do I go ahead to get duties refunded? Picked up my package today and had to pay duty costs at the post office.

Send me a message here with your order number, we’ll go from there :slight_smile:

Awesome. Thanks for your help Bill!