Kickstarter announcement

KS update #22 just dropped. Shipping update, process for refunds, calibration issues and customer support update. Detailed fulfilment status/schedule and app update coming later this week.

The picture on that consolation card is more like what should be on the front of the (non existant) manual.

-sigh- I guess they’re already behind their updated fulfillment schedule, still not black US unit :frowning:

@nevileon, did you order one, or more than one unit? My black unit arrived to day (can’t see it yet, cause I’m at work) but my red unit hasn’t shipped yet.

@sousevide The manual for the Precision cooker can be downloaded on this page Anova Precision® Cooker – Anova Culinary there is a link just beneath the “Add to cart” button

I ordered two - black and red. @Levig is looking into it for me. With that said, I realized I’m an idiot, and I live in Canada, and hence they would ship together (so we don’t pay the Fedex scam charge twice), therefore the delay.

I’ll continue being patient now, and start crafting my “I’ll clear it through customs myself” letter to FedEx.

Oops. =o.

@nevileon I got mine recently and completely forgot about the Fedex tax (and I work in logistics/shipping!) $26 between the taxes (unavoidable) and the fedex clearance fee.

A previous thread mentioned that they were being send expedited ground, so the brokerage fee was supposed to be taken care of (but probably not the bond disbursement fee). Were we being dinged for brokerage too? :frowning: [makes me want to offer to clear the package myself…]

@nevileon All Canada shipments go out Fedex Express not ground. Domestic US goes out ground. Thanks!

How can Anova send emails saying non-backers will receive their own unit BY CHRISTMAS (if you order now) AND get a $30 discount. When they have not even shipped many Kickstarter backers (mine included) orders?

Should Anova not also offer all backers $30 refund (per unit ordered) as a token of appreciation of our patience in the face of Anova’s incompetence?!

{Its really insulting and aggrieving, when you offer discounts on products that we have been WAITING MONTHS to receive!}

They haven’t said that. Also, don’t duplicate post.

They haven't said that. Also, don't duplicate post.

Yes they have… from the email :
“*This deal expires 12/9/14. The cutoff time for orders placed to receive the gift box by 12/25 is 12/18 for U.S. customers, and 12/8 for international customers. Get it now! »” (emphasis mine)

The gift box refers to a small box w a piece of paper that says congratulations, your getting an anova and some zip top bags. Not the actual unit. It’s so you can actually hand someone something to unwrap instead of just saying, I ordered you a gift, but it’s not here yet.

The gift box refers to a small box w a piece of paper that says congratulations, your getting an anova and some zip top bags. Not the actual unit. It's so you can actually hand someone something to unwrap instead of just saying, I ordered you a gift, but it's not here yet.

Nothing new… Almost 40 years ago… The Star Wars Empty Box Campaign…

Ouch… if that’s true, then i’m guessing quite a few ppl who ordered based on those emails are in for a shocker when all they get for their money is a plastic bag and black file clip to give for Christmas day.

Either way, the language should be made clearer, I believe the man-on-the-street test would understand that statement and expect to receive their anova before Christmas and not a ziplock bag and clip.