Anova won't connect to wi-fi!

I had some sporadic issues several years ago with wi-fi connection.

Emailing with customer support proved very beneficial.

The precision cooker pro ( and probably the rest of the precision cooker product line) prefer to connect via 2.4G wi-fi.

Once i turned off the 5G band on my router i was able to quickly connect to my wi-fi.

Following that connection i turned my 5G back on and the precision cooker pro still connects quickly every time i launch the app.

I’ve since migrated to fiber & a different modem/router. I made sure to have a 2.4G network name added to it to support my Anova.
Still works perfectly.

During troubleshooting via email with support i did update my firmware and reset my Anova. Making sure that the wi-fi connection occurred over 2.4G was the ticket. I can start, stop, change temperature or time remotely anywhere i have phone service.

Hope this helps you.

yous sous vide is fine, & works beautifully to cook food, read threads, use the scroll wheel, & forget the app for anything bar temp & time…

I’m a pretty sophisticated user so already tried most troubleshooting steps by the time I reached out to support..

THANK YOU FOR SHARE WITH US.

An update from my end of things…
Context: my new pro, like all the others was not hooking up, at that point I checked my settings which were 5ghz on the router & thought, “must ask the IT whiz (wife) to mess around with settings & try again” then promptly forgot, as I am used to just manually programming time temp etc, & the later anova sv’s are indeed a breeze.

Then the other week, I couldn’t log into my favourite recipes…
After numerous attempts I frustratedly incorrectly put in my email address, so in essence a new anova account was made, (& all my favourites were missing obviously)

I left it a few days not having heard anything from my point of contact with anova via chat…
I then tried to hook up the new pro unit with the new account email, on 5ghz router settings (according to my phone) …the SV connected 1st attempt…

& that’s the latest detail I have

So the question is, do I now use the same new account to retrospectively try & connect an older model (spin or stick)!?

Why don’t they have a Canadian toll free number for Customer Service? They really don’t care, do they?