Apple iPhone App

Is there any update as to when the Apple ap would be available for the Anova? I believe that the last date was on the first week of December.

@lone369‌ we’re slightly delayed with submitting the app as we dedicated all of our resources the past few weeks to finishing Kickstarter and pre-order fulfillment. We’re on target now to submit in the next few weeks for review/release. We’ll post an update as soon as we submit!

Am I imagining things, or has the update that promised the iOS app by 15 Dec been deleted/modified? I can’t remember if it was here, KS, FB, or the Anova blog.

@anova, again with the inconsistent communication. You knew ages ago that you had a massive number of orders to fulfill, so why did you promise the app by 15 Dec knowing full well that it would instead be all hands on deck to get all the units out the door? So frustrating. I would expect this from a one-person startup with no prior logistics experience, but you guys are an established company with existing product lines. All this stuff is customer service 101.

I’m really curious if the same resources are used for the fulfillment as for the app development (including the bluetooth protocol stuff, etc)?

Like, will the customer service people be developing the app? Or is the app developer currently packing boxes?

(Granted, there’s some management overhead (e.g., Stephen) which is interchangeable and would be needed for both.)

And I still haven’t figured out why y’all haven’t hired 2-3 temps to answer phones, return basic emails, etc. That alone would have freed up some time for the app. I’m also really curious as to whether y’all are developing the apps directly in-house, or are you farming them out to a local software developer. Would you care to share a little about what’s going on vis-a-vis the software development side of things?

Any updates? Are we still expecting the app to be launched in December?

I just heard directly from Avona that it is early January.
Rob

I just heard directly from Avona that it is early January. Rob

Is that only for iProducts, or are other devices still getting an app too?

@dtelf‌ the iOS app will be launched first, followed by Android and Windows. Once we wrap up development of iOS, we’ll have a more detailed update for when the other two platforms will launch.

We are past early January.

In another thread they just (within the last day or two) said next two weeks.

That’s correct, @jshannon! The iOS app is being submitted to the app store this week. We anticipate it being approved within 7-10 days from submission per Apple’s typical turnaround. Once it’s available for download, we’ll send an update.

Is there any update as to when the Apple ap would be available for the Anova? I believe that the last date was on the first week of December.

I haven’t seen the anova app just yet, but there’s a promising third party app for $3.99 you might consider. Take a look here:
Sous Vide °Celsius’ van Jonas Frei
(Hope the link works, doesn’t look like it though).
Best regards Klaas

Hi @klaasmans, we’re truly sorry for the delay and are excited to share that the iOS app is being submitted to the app store this week! We anticipate it being approved within 7-10 days from submission according to the usual turnaround time for approval into the iTunes store.
Once it’s available for download, we’ll send an update.

If you have in fact had the chance to use any third-party apps with your Anova device, we’d love to hear your thoughts - thank you!

Sous Vide °Celsius is excellent! It is a very different animal than the forthcoming Anova app.

Hi JordanHouston,
Thanks for your reply. I’m new to this community and haven’t even purchased your precision cooker yet, but I will. I’m therefore checking everything out and found that your app wasn’t yet available, but ran in to the other one which looks very nice too. As I look at it now I’ll probably use your app on my iPhone once it’s available and the other one on my iPad. I don’t know if your app will be iPad optimized too, because if so I may just use yours. I saw the link to their app didn’t make it in my previous post, so I’ll try again:
https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/sous-vide-celsius/id419217101?mt=8

This “Celsius” app is NOT the Anova app. It is a Sous vide recipe ‘book’ but doesn’t connect with our appliance. f.w.i.w.

@klaasmans, Welcome to the community! Glad to hear you’re planning on going with the Precision Cooker. We hope to make the best experience possible with the app across all iOS devices and will begin with the iPhone, although it still should work well on iPad.

Thank you for sending over the link, I’ll check it out!

Does anyone have any specs on the forthcoming Anova app?

Is there enough in it so that you would not want to have the Celsius app, too?

How well does the Celsius app work controlling the new Anova?