Bluetooth and iOS App

Hi there, I can’t seem to connect the unit via Bluetooth. When I use the Bluetooth Smart Scanner app I see it there however on the iPhone bluetooth settings it does not detect the Anova. How do I get it connected?

Also, where is the iOS app?

Unfortunately, the app has been delayed. Here’s the current schedule: The iPhone app will be released 12/1 - 12/15; The Android app is scheduled to be released 12/15 - 12/30; and the Windows app is due out 1/15. Please note that this schedule is subject to change, however, we’re doing our best with our development efforts to hit these dates.

Thanks omalizumab for that timeline. I’m assuming that you’re part of the Anova team since you have that information? That is the first time I’ve ever seen an actual app release estimate! It is very good to hear that the Android and Windows Phone apps are being worked on too since there have been a few occasions when only the iOS app has been mentioned when talking about the app and some of us were afraid that the android/windows versions weren’t being made.

Today is Dec 16. I just received this product. Is the Bluetooth app out yet? Tx.

Is there any update for the iOS app timing (post 12/15)

@dshein Please check out our blogpost http://blog.anovaculinary.com/pre-order-shipping-update/ for app updates ! Thank you so much !

duplicate

Unfortunately, the app has been delayed. Here's the current schedule: The iPhone app will be released 12/1 - 12/15; The Android app is scheduled to be released 12/15 - 12/30; and the Windows app is due out 1/15. Please note that this schedule is subject to change, however, we're doing our best with our development efforts to hit these dates.

Dear Anova folks.

It’d be seriously awesome if you updated us once in a while on the app status for Android, Windows Phone, and iOS. This post of yours is a month old and I can’t find anything more recent.

Unfortunately, the app has been delayed. Here's the current schedule: The iPhone app will be released 12/1 - 12/15; The Android app is scheduled to be released 12/15 - 12/30; and the Windows app is due out 1/15. Please note that this schedule is subject to change, however, we're doing our best with our development efforts to hit these dates.

Dear Anova folks.

It’d be seriously awesome if you updated us once in a while on the app status for Android, Windows Phone, and iOS. This post of yours is a month old and I can’t find anything more recent.

It is now my belief that they don’t intend on answering us about anything other than the iPhone app, and that they hope we’ll all just stop asking at some point and forget about it. I am very disappointed that we were as backers misled about being able to control the Precision Cooker from devices we already own, and not be forced to buy an Apple product (which now holds only 42.4% of the market for mobile devices) to utilize remote-functionality.

It’s quite simple @Anova: Tell us that the app is still being developed for multiple platforms and give us a real launch date for the different devices, or tell us you have failed in this promise to your backers, and provide a damn good reason why.

There is a more recent update on the Anova blog linked below, though I have no idea why they didn’t put it in a kickstarter update at all.

The App:

We decided to devote all of our resources to getting all of our pre-orders fulfilled and caught up, which as a result, has pushed back the release of the app slightly. We plan to submit the app for approval in the next few weeks, and release it at the beginning of January. We want to make sure and deliver the best possible experience when we go live with this.

Of course they still don’t mention whether that is iOS, Android, or Windows Phone. I suspect they are probably referring to iOS first since their old update (quoted in this thread) had Android and Windows coming out after the iOS app.

@elangomatt‌ iOS is now scheduled for release at the beginning of January, with Android coming shortly after. We’ll provide further details as iOS gets closer to submitting to the app store, as well as when we have a better idea of the same for the Android app.

Thank you very much @Michael‌. Can you comment on an expected timeline for the Windows Phone app as well that was part of the first stretch goal? When Anova is doing updates, can you guys please try to be cognizant of the fact that there are a variety of different phones being used by people and be sure to update the timeline on all mobile OSs that there will be an app for. Updates mentioning simply “the app” are not all that much help since we know that all three of the apps are not being released at the same time.

@elangomatt‌ Windows will be closer to the end of January, 2-3 weeks after we get the iPhone app launched. Totally understand as it relates to community needing more specific updates relative to each type of mobile device. Moving forward as we rollout iPhone at the beginning of next month we will be able to provide a more detailed estimate of when Android and Windows will follow.

Are you guys close to finishing the app? I was a Kickstarter backer and had chosen the white version, but then when the white units were delayed I chose the black one so I could get it before Christmas. But then you sent the e-mail saying that the early units were not calibrated correctly, so that we either had to send the unit back or wait for the app. So I still have not used the unit at all yet! It has just been sitting in the box for several weeks. At this point I think you should send me a free white one to make up for this. It’s not fair that I had to give up my first color choice and still can’t use it without having to pay return shipping to fix a problem that was not my fault or wait for the app which is still delayed.

FYI, this is the second product I have purchased from Anova, so I hope you can help me since I am a loyal customer.

Ernest

It’s pretty easy to adjust for the temperature. I verified mine with a thermometer and with my Anova One unit. Mine is 2.5° low. I set the temp that much higher, then check it when it gets there to verify. The first several times I checked it a couple of times during the cook to be sure but never had any issues. I still check it occasionally on longer cooks.

I don’t know how calibration with the app will work, but I assume we’ll have to know what the actual temperature is. If I were you, I’d check your unit. You might not even have an issue and I’d think you’d need to find out before you tried a calibration anyway.

I do have a Testo Thermometer and also mesured some offsetting.
but i will check today with the best thermometer there is :wink: - the egg-proteins

1h 62°C = liquid yolk
1h 63°C = creamy yolk

i also would love to get the app - and please let me connect it with several units - since i use sometimes 4-5 units simultaneusly.

@chefalbino , 5 units simultaneously!? Good to know! My Android app ANOVA Remote supports multiple units from day one, but now I am adding new features, like software timers. I was planning to keep up to 3 of them - now I have to reconsider. Will 8 be enough?

Am I correct to read that the Android app costs $1.99?

There is no official Anova app yet. When (If?) it does ever come out it is supposed to be free. They just started building the Android app recently after they completed the iOS app first.

@elangomatt Yes, you’re correct, the Android app is being worked on as we speak. We’ll share more news soon! :slight_smile: