New App information

After reading in here a little it seems that for many the app is useless. I am not here looking for support or to complain. I just want to know if there is any news regarding the new app, if there are workarounds IE reverting to older software etc. Also has anyone had success with the PRO cooker and the app?

For those that have had success with the app for a long time would you share the app version+platform+type of cooker that you were using?

Thank you!

2 Likes

I would not describe the app as useless; simply less useful than it was before, especially for those of us with the earlier Bluetooth-only models who had declined setting up an account.
I was told that that the former pre-heat timer will be re-instated (in a conversation 3 weeks ago over this and other app issues).
I was advised by a (very helpful and informative) second-tier customer service representative that they will not provide an App downgrade; I had been requesting one for 2 months.
They are well aware of the public chatter on the App and they do want to get it back to making everyone happy.
(I use both the Bluetooth as well as the latest WiFi only model, to use them both I need to use two phones; there seems to be a need to sign out of one device before logging into the other. I do not know if there is a similar issue in controlling multiple WiFi devices from a single phone/App.)

1 Like

Ditto on near useless “new” app. This “upgrade” is worse than the original. Do any of you even read submitted recipies before posting? Often multiple steps are missing. Often nothing downloads!

So, no new information about the app that was launching LAST summer?

Still nothing. I feel doubts on using it.

latest versions on iPhone works better (I’m using it with 3 different devices the wifi, pro and new APC), however I feel they are spending too much (read losing precious) time on ancillary aspects such as creating recipes from the app which are better done on other devices.

1 Like

I would like to be able to edit or create a recipe on the web site rather than on my app and smart phone which can be clumsy at my age. LOL if this is possible please direct me. Thanks

On the banner at the top of the screen https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/ :wink:

You may need to login again and then you’ll see a add recipe button and also see all the recipes you started in the App.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more on app and WIFI capability being useless … my router shows the cooker but the cooker will not link. Hope it cooks better than it links up.

Not happy so far.

Not sure if I can call my experience “success” or not. I was able to set up my Anova Pro and connect it to the Anova app on my android phone. It worked fine for a while, then I had to “reconnect” it to the app. That happened more than once so I sought the help of Support. The Support tech I have worked with has been very helpful. I ended up adding an _5G to my 5G network and then turning it off while reconnecting. Success. After that it worked for about 3 months before telling me I needed to reconnect the Anova Pro. (While it worked it did have some idiosyncrasies) I just finished working with support again and I have my Anova Pro connected to the app on my phone again. I tested a number of network iterations, app uninstalls, reinstalls, and finally “reset” the Anova Pro. The instructions I was provided to reset the unit seemed to work as I have been able to reconnect the Anova Pro to the app on my phone. I’d like to say I’m confident that this will not become an issue again, but only time will tell. The idiosyncrasy that I have with the app is that I may or may not have to completely close the app and relaunch it to stop the Anova at the end of a cook, or to make changes to the temp during the cook. Essentially, any time the Anova fails to respond to the app when the app says it is connected it is time to close the app and relaunch it. Hope this helps.

i am not comfortable to use this

How can we help? Would love to get you feeling comfortable!

Couldn’t agree more on app and WIFI capability being useless … my router shows the cooker but the cooker will not link. Hope it cooks better than it links up..