Boneless, skinless chicken thighs ?

That’s the point of using the diamond hones. They are used when a few licks on your steel won’t do enough to restore an edge, not to replace using the steel to true an edge.

Most folks are more likely to use a $15 hone than a $100 or more set of whet stones. The stones are best for the cooks who use their knives all day and require the weekly sharpening ritual. Thank goodness those early Sunday mornings are long behind me.

I have what I would term a small concierge sharpening business. My business goal is to make enough money to support my hobbies. Primarily I use a low speed water cooled Tormek machine from Sweden. I make it a point to educate my clients on how proper care will extend their time between visits.

Chris your knives while inexpensive are made using VG-10 stainless steel. This steel is used by a number of manufacturers of much higher priced knives. The steel is fairly hard so it will retain an edge well. I also like the handles as they are comfortable. You might also want to get a paring knife for small work. Using a steel will help you extend the time between sharpening. These knives should last you pretty much forever.

That’s awesome :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you John.

Oh BTW After getting the first 1 or 2 knives from Mercer Cullinary, I started looking over their list and trying to find any other styles I might use enough to warrant buying it, and as a matter of fact, a nice little pairing knife was my next choice :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve been trying to chill a little bit on Amazon… But already ordered another 3 or 4 items today again… So what’s one more ? :smiley: Lol

Darnit John, you had to mention a pairing knife, didn’t you ? :grinning: Lol

It’s okay man. Thank you.

How can anyone live without a good paring knife?

And watch a couple of knife skills videos to learn a few techniques. When I dine out one of my pet peeves is any tomato dish where the core is not removed. I have given up on having the peals and seeds removed.

John, restaurant dining has become so disappointing except at the very high end. Prepping tomatoes is so basic. There’s often little real culinary skills evident.

Speaking of restaurants, they could be a market for your business, also institutions.

Usually, when cooking delicious chicken meat, you need to know the proportions of the marinade and the exact cooking time so that the meat is well done and soft and juicy on the inside. I usually cook chicken fillet at 180 F for 15 minutes and then cut it into pieces and fry it with vegetables. I mainly use rice as a side dish, as this is the most affordable product for me. I must rinse the rice thoroughly before cooking. For this, I chose a new one rice washer at 7 Multipurpose Rice Washers That Add The Best Value To Your Kitchens. After cooking the rice, I put vegetables and meat on top. Delicious!

Johan, thanks for your instructive and promotional post.

How much marinade do you cook?

Have you considered cooking anything else using the sous vide technique?