Can this recipe be done sous vide ? (Cheesecake with amaretto)

Cheesecake with amaretto.

24 oz (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup (207g) sugar
3 tbsp (24g) flour
4 eggs, room temperature
1 cup (230g) sour cream
1 tsp almond extract
5 tbsp (75g) amaretto liqueur

Should 80 C for 90 minutes be long enough ?
I’m new at this, and there aren’t that many dutch recipes…
Any advice is welcome !

Groetjes
Jacky

JackyTCD — Using the necessary amount of 250 mL or 125 mL Mason jars [glass canning jars], to cook SV at 80 °C for 90 minutes will be fine. I would top with Amaretto at the very end only when ready to serve. I suggest you quickly consult the several cheesecake recipes here in the recipe section for inspiration and, perhaps, read the one on the Joule site. From there, it will be very easy for you to put your own recipe together.
Very wise recommendations from several recipes are to place filled jars in a shallow pan or tub with warm water halfway up the jar to temper them for 5 minutes before carefully placing them in the 80 °C water bath to cook sous vide for 90 minutes.
Also recommended: The metal lids on the jars should be tightened no more than “fingertip” tightness if using screw lids. This means close with fingertips only — loose enough for air bubbles to be released, then submerge in SV water bath. The jars must be spaced just enough so they do not knock against each other.

1 Like

The bain-marie method of oven double-boiler is often used for cheesecake to prevent splitting of the top. Check out the Wikepedia article:

File:Fondant au chocolat (250g de beurre) - Bain-marie au four.jpg - Wikipedia