Can't Connect Device

Eventually I discovered a solution for my failure to reconnect after firmware update issue. I found that I had to both uninstall the Anova app on iOS (as documented) and reboot the phone. Then I reinstalled the app and was able to connect.

I stumbled upon this bec I noticed that I can connect just fine with my iPad (which never had a connection) after the firmware update. So I guessed that there must be some cruft on my iPhone. Uninstalling (to delete settings) and rebooting seemed to restore the iPhone to a clean state for connection.

Hi All,

I had the same problem. Couldn’t set the connection with my iPhone. I tried with my iPad … And that worked fine at 1st try.
There was a firmware update which I installed. And I setup the connection again afterwards.
Again same situation… Worked well via iPad, but no way to get my iPhone 7+ connected.

Conclusion… I get a connection with my iPad, not with iPhone

(iPhone 8, iOs 13.3, Precision cooker (new))
Can confirm the whole connection issues - was able to connect using an iPad, and an Android device, same wifi, same house. (Therefore the issue was not the wifi but the individual iPhone)
Issue we had was upon entering the code, got dialogue box asking to ‘join Anovaxxxx wifi?’ (yes), then enter code, then…‘please enter the code’, just a loop of entering and being asked to enter again. Rebooting the Cooker made no difference. Turning off the phones Bluetooth and WiFi multiple times made no difference.

FINAL SUCCESSFUL SOLUTION to this problem: upgrade iOs, delete Anova app entirely, REBOOT PHONE (turn fully off, and back on), and then reinstall Anova app fresh. After 2 hours, about 50 codes, and a lot of research, this was what worked.

Thanks Hugh. Worked almost immediately after deleting the Anova App, rebooting iPhone and reinstalling the app.

Truly stunning software, innit?

Ditto- thanks!

Hi Guys,

I have my anova Wifi for years. But since my last cook the wifi isnt working anymore. I reinstalled the app on my IPhone and tried a Android device. I completly reseted the Anova without success. I tried to lay the Anova directly next to the router. Also no success.

Any other ideas?

Thanks you for your help

Found a solution (iPhone):
Switch apps after entering the code

Why:
Had the same cycle of
‘Enter the code…’
“Anova wants to join WiFi network…”
‘Enter the code…’
etc etc

Tried what seemed like 100 codes and then when I entered a code and it was “thinking”, I switched to a different app on my phone.
When I came back to Anova app, it had magically connected and offered me the WiFi networks that were available.

All connected now!

iPhone Xs software 13.4.1
Anova Precision Pro
Anova App version 3.2.8

2 Likes

I couldn’t re-connect to the Precision cooker with my ipad after disconnecting during a firmware update. It just kept on opening up the “enter code” window. I went to the Wi-Fi settings and looked at the available networks. ANOVAxxxx was available. I selected it to see that the auto connect feature was selected. I de-selected auto connect. After that my ipad connected with no problems.

What a piece of garbage this Anova Pro is – terrible app, does not connect to anything, just keeps looping and looping asking for the code. Totally worthless. About to head over to Amazon to post there that people should check this forum to see the endless complaints about connectivity. The app is a brick, pure and simple. For the cost of this thing, can’t you at least get something as simple as wifi to work???

Amazingly, with the older wifi APC’s at least (prior rev to the new model) the new app (3.2.8) is immensely better for connecting to your wifi network (didn’t have to switch my iPhone to the 2.4GHz band so the APC found it). And the WAP is in another part of the house…not within 5 feet, like I used to do before for the initial setup.

Obviously, things are very different for the Pro. Never had any “enter code” for the APC - initial handshake / connection was over bluetooth, then you do the wifi setup later.

I tried it for hours with the latest IOS app (on 2 different iphones6s+XS) but I had no luck. I tried different wifis (hotspots with with easy passwords, next the router or other hotspots (mobile phone, Win10 laptop,…).
The App always comes up with the message “something isn’t right”.
I dont know whats wrong because it was working for years.

I used the Anova connectivity support more than once but I never got an answer back.

Not sure if this will help anyone on iOS 13 with a Anova Pro or the Latest WiFi Anova.

I have both and can successfully move between the Pro and Sandard using this method.

Works on iOS 14 Beta too, but you also have to turn off “Private Address” for the temporary WiFi network that the Anova creates during the set up when it prompts you for the code…just under “Auto Join” in the iOS Settings WiFi section

This worked perfectly for me, thank you so much!!!

1 Like

This worked for me.
Thanks

I have tried everything that has been said above including changing my router settings. NOTHING WORKS…I can’e even get a 4 digit code when pressing and holding the target temp button. Nothing happens at all.

So weird. I am on ios 14.2

aromeoj, I have the exact same issue. Done everything right with 2.4 and all yet it will not give me the code. You figure out any work around?

Ok, this is the same topic discussed over here:

The new app version (3.2.14) seems to work fine.

I recently bought a Precision Cooker and it works very well, unlike the app which I cannot get to work at all. I get the 4 digit code, select the network, enter the password and it tells me I can’t connect. App ver: 3.2.14
I set up a separate wifi network in case it was a naming issue i.e. spaces (what app forces a naming convention on your wifi?)
Tried deleting/reinstalling app but same results.
All I really want is to monitor/control temp and timer, not really interested in contoling my cooker from another location.

Finally managed to get a connection!
I tried with 2 different wireless routers with no success so set up a computer (raspberry pi) as a wireless access point so I could trace what was going on. After a few attempts, a connection was made.
I can only assume that the cooker/app didn’t like the SSID name my normal router has or something about the password. I set these as simple, lowercase words - not sure if that was the issue.
Now I have a connection, I can run a local application to monitor/control the cooker without using the app.