Can't connect to Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi connectivity scan fails

I cannot connect my Anova to Wi-Fi
The Wi-Fi connectivity scan also fails. All I get is “Scanning…” at the bottom of the screen on the app
Even after 30 minutes!

I have asked my networking guy to ensure that I am only on a 2.4GHz WI-FI and WPA/WPA2 network
He assures me I am

I have reset my router and mobile by powering off / on

How should I resolve this?

Contacting support is probably the best option.

I am also having the same issue. Here is what I have learned
Your WIFI name can not have spaces. I would also remove special charactors.
Wifi name has to be between 8 and 10 characters - no special characters.

I am having the same issue.
I just “upgraded” to the Pro model. I had the Previous model and it worked perfectly. … This one isn’t doing anything but stuck after 45mins on one screen with a code on it, stuck in Celsius mode. What is going on?

I have deleted the app/installed the app.
I have plugged in the Anova/Unplugged the Anova

Nothing is working.
Believe me, I am NOT a happy camper right now.

I had steaks I had to do today and had to figure out Celsius to Fahrenheit and to it manually, but that wasn’t what I bought this for.

If they don’t fix it, I am getting the PolyScience model.

Same issue here. Anova Pro, refuses to connect. Touch interface is buggy. Anova dropped the ball here. Connecting to wifi is NOT something that a device should struggle with in 2020.

Just got my new Anova and same issue. Can’t connect to the Anova. It just sits there connecting eventhough I’m right next to it. The phone is picking up the Anovas hotspot, but the app is doing absolutely nothing.

Extremely disappointed.

Just to update: My first Pro had an unusable touch interface. It wouldn’t recognize input or it would freak out depending on where you touched. My replacement Pro works as designed so far. I am still unable to connect to it with an Android phone. My work iPhone will connect to it however.

Both pro units I’ve had so far have been rather noisy, with this one a bit quieter than the first. My Sansaire which is several years old is near silent. I’m not impressed with Anova so far. Getting a simple Android app to work these days is incredibly simple and it seems insane that they’ve failed to make that work. I also question the build quality of the Pro unit, but time will tell there. My original Sansaire is 8 years old and still running. I don’t have hope the Anova will last that long.

I upgraded from a bluetooth Anova, a friend had given me when he moved, to the Anova Pro as I cook large items in a cooler and needed more power. After connecting to my WiFi it bricked and would not function at all. CS was great and they sent me a new Pro and instructed me to only use it in manual mode until they could fix the issue with the App. I noticed my App upgraded from 3.2.8 to 3.2.9; however I am leery to try to connect again till I talk to CS.