Cleaning The Wi-Fi Version

Does the Wi-Fi version completely disassemble for easy cleaning? 

Mostly concerned with the parts that are submerged in the water.

You’re supposed to be able to take the skirt off the cooker for cleaning: https://support.anovaculinary.com/hc/en-us/articles/204010284-Disassembling-the-Precision-Cooker

I did find that, out of the box, the skirt didn’t want to budge, so I’m waiting to see if it gets looser once I cook a couple of times.

Yes, you can take the skirt off. It’s on there VERY tight, as CanadianDOT indicated. You need a good, solid grip. Twist the top and botton in opposite directions as indicated in the support link and it will come apart. 

When cleaning the unit make sure you do not bend the impeller shaft at all. If you do it may rub against the housing after you reassemble.

@CanadianDot said:
I did find that, out of the box, the skirt didn’t want to budge, so I’m waiting to see if it gets looser once I cook a couple of times.

I completely agree.  I just received my Anova Wifi today and used it for the first time - I cannot remove the skirt to clean it, it is way too tight.  I can’t tell if it’s defective or just really takes a lot of force, but I have yet to meet a jar I can’t open so I don’t know - I was going to try again tomorrow.

@yosifcuervo, not to state the obvious, but do you know which direction to twist it?  If you hold it with the top in your left hand and the skirt/base in your right, you twist towards you with your right hand.  If you hold it upright, you hold the skirt/base in one hand and twist the top counter-clockwise.  

It is pretty tight the first time you twist it off.  Snug, but manageable after that.

> @yosifcuervo said:

I completely agree.  I just received my Anova Wifi today and used it for the first time - I cannot remove the skirt to clean it, it is way too tight.  I can’t tell if it’s defective or just really takes a lot of force, but I have yet to meet a jar I can’t open so I don’t know - I was going to try again tomorrow.

Just an update on this. I’ve done a few cooks now, and I’ve been able to disassemble my unit just fine. I guess you need to use it before it becomes easier to take apart.

> @fischersd said:

yosifcuervo, not to state the obvious, but do you know which direction to twist it?

Well it turns out that despite watching the support video several times, reading the instructions, and completely ignoring what fischersd said… yes, I was twisting it the wrong way.  It actually wasn’t difficult to take off, sorry Anova!

Don’t worry it happens at sometime to all of us.

I had problems getting the skirt off the first time because I wasn’t turning it far enough.
If you are holding the Anova PC in front of you with the readout facing you and you see “max” directly below on the skirt… then grab the bottom (metal skirt) with one hand and twist the top counterclockwise with the other hand so that the top readout is facing ‘not quite 90 degrees’ to the right. After that first time it’s a lot easier to get the skirt off. If it’s stubborn give it a good sharp twist but remember to be gentle when taking it off.