Cooker stuck on preheating

Hi everyone,

I have the wifi model and I’m having issues with my device stuck on preheating. Let’s say I set the temp to 140F. The current temp reaches 140F but the cooker stays on preheating and the timer doesn’t start counting down. I have to restart the app before it’ll switch into cooking mode. Is this a problem with my cooker or the app? Do I need to send for an exchange?

Thanks!

Hey @xtine4ever, I passed this question along to our engineering team and they said it is most likely a software issue. You should uninstall and reinstall the app in order to make sure you have the newest version and see if that helps.

Also are you using an IOS device or android? They will look into the problem further if you can that info along.

Let me know how that goes. If the problem persists don’t hesitate to contact support@anovaculinary.com to get a return or exchange process started!

Hi there, thanks for the prompt response. I’m using iOS on an iPhone 6. I will try reinstalling the app tomorrow and see what happens. What is the warranty that comes with ANOVA cookers? Thanks in advance for your help.

Okay great, let me know how it goes. There is a 60 day money back guarantee and a 1-year warranty.

I’m having this same issue on the iphone 7plus. iOS 10.2.
Restarting the app fixes it. Is there a fix for this problem?
Thanks
Jason

Hey Jason! Sorry it’s acting funky. :frowning:

We can further troubleshoot the issue to figure out what exactly is happening that’s preventing your cooker from working properly. Message support@anovaculinary.com - they’ll take care of that for you! :slight_smile:

I am having the same issue! I have an LG android phone…my app is stuck on preheat.

I had the same problem several times and decide to remove the knurled nob on the lid and gave the lid a clean and now it ticks over to the cooking start , it ends cooking but does not get to the keeping warm stage. Will have to look into this!