Excited to set up and use my new WiFi cooker

Bummer to find that the calibration was waaay off.  Cold tap water at 68 degrees F was read at 98 degrees F by cooker.  even after 1/2 hour of equilibrium rest.  spread of 30 degrees is well beyond the +/- 17.8 degrees F allowed by calibration on the phone app.

Looks like return city.

I’m going crazy trying to find out how to use the wifi. Any ideas

@Mik In NC said:

Bummer to find that the calibration was waaay off.  Cold tap water at 68 degrees F was read at 98 degrees F by cooker.  even after 1/2 hour of equilibrium rest.  spread of 30 degrees is well beyond the +/- 17.8 degrees F allowed by calibration on the phone app.

Looks like return city.

Agreed - you really can’t have that much variance.  (me, I wouldn’t be willing to accept the 17.8 degrees either) - this is called the PRECISION cooker, right? :slight_smile:

@tito2928 - the iOS wifi app is in beta - Apple iPhone iOS App is Availabe - Anova Culinary - Anova Support - Anova Community | Food Nerd Forum | Anova Culinary
You can use the existing bluetooth apps available for iOS and Android (the Android beta is anticipated to kick off next month).  If you sign up for the beta, you should anticipate some “bugginess” in the app - that’s the point of a beta - to find bugs.  If you have a low tolerance for such behaviour, still with the existing bluetooth apps until the wifi apps are released to the app stores.

if you have the wifi version: download anova app

be sure your cell phone is connected to your home wifi & Bluetooth is turned on.

open anova app.

note at bottom of screen is says something like "find device", click on that.

your cooker should show up.

then click on that.

done

@Mik In NC said:

if you have the wifi version: download anova app

be sure your cell phone is connected to your home wifi & Bluetooth is turned on.

open anova app.

note at bottom of screen is says something like "find device", click on that.

your cooker should show up.

then click on that.

done

This works exactly as described!  I didn’t realize that I could connect the WiFi version via Bluetooth until I tried it. 4th cook and no surprises…