HomeKit Support

What are the current plans for supporting Apple’s HomeKit or, alternately, Thread/Matter support? As much as I appreciate the Alexa support, I would prefer not to have to use Amazon devices to control the oven.

Is this support or an echo chamber?

Does it say “support” here Timo? or “community”?
(This is an unmonitored forum across all product boards)

Can you not see a chat bubble, or tried scrolling to the bottom of the page for anova contact at all?
That is the only way you might get a manufacturer answer, otherwise it will be an opinion from someone passing by or less than that even.

The chat box does helpfully keep your history of queries et al in it for easy reference (if needed) so give it a go, but best to peruse the site & contact the engineers via email (which isn’t hard to work out) as the CS are not overly technical, or maybe just tight lipped (but i’d go for “not overly technical”)

Well actually I was being polite, just concise & to the point for redirection, I didn’t have much time to redirect yet another person who drops in here without reading up, I was actually trying to do you a favour, thus highlighting that your efforts to be both listened to AND answered with info you are seeking was in the wrong place, with pointer to the likely fastest point of contact that many folk miss altogether & come back all angry, …much like you are in fact!

I’d prefer to let you know this forum isn’t monitored ASAP (it happens numerous times per month across the boards) …without you giving proper context as to whom you were addressing, with whom you had been in contact with (if at all) or were, as many do, venting their emotions on this forum in the belief that Anova would pick up on things (or wait many months to find out they do not) …thus.

Some people really do not see the chat bubble, some websites don’t necessarily show all aspects (I had this happen just recently, it complicated getting service, thus I let you know its likely whereabouts.

You are welcome, question, do you have full control of all your limbs (except the one you seem a tad obsessed with for as a medical dilemma / dysfunction maybe)? …some of us have problems typing due to brain injuries incurred, but to answer your question, that area works just fine & as intended thank you for asking.

(on previous occasions it may take 4 replies to properly redirect someone due to their lack of knowledge of forum layout) all of which takes me time due to having to drag my numb remaining working fingers across a keyboard, do you have anyone in your family who has ever suffered a severe stoke, that’s the nearest to understanding my position, I do not have speech type, & getting fingers to the keyboard keeps things ticking over (use it or lose it) synapses reconnecting, shared pathways. or not at all.

I sincerely hope that your evidently stressed out condition improves soon enough to help you see that (especially by the last part of my initial reply, people aren’t waiting on a forum just to snipe at you) this is not reddit, but if that’s your thing, feel free to try them out.

Anyway, you know how to contact the people from whom you seek an answer, thus.

As a heads up: I won’t bother replying again to any further vitriol you may choose to indulge in.

thx MrGus, at least this strange thread made me discover the chat box I hadn’t noticed despiate being here for several years :crazy_face:

Exactly this, depending on settings, or general awareness of site set ups, these things can elude us, precisely why I deign to repeat over & again!

Glad to have assisted someone without their head being up their backside! :+1: :rofl: