If you have issues with the Wi-Fi Connection

@bbb said:
Within the 30 day period, so going to return the machine until Anova gets their act together and has a functional wifi product that you can actually control via wifi.

I ended up having to return mine, the replacement worked just fine.  I suspect there was a bad batch of units - try their support, they were nice and got me a few one in a few days. 

Well,it appears that they shipped me the bluetooth model even though the order and packing list

show it as a wifi.(which is what I ordered and paid for)
 Works fine on Bluetooth, but that isn’t what I need,

Awaiting response from their support team.

I am sitting here with the Annova, my iPhone 6, and my router, trying to connect to wi-fi. This is the second day in a row for this attempt and I GET NOTHING!! The only message I’ve received so far begins with “Whoops”.
WHOOPS?!
Should I have to be extra tech-savvy to figure out some sort of workaround to fix Anova’s huge programming blunder? That isn’t what was promised, and it’s not what I paid for.

I have BT connectivity but there’s no explanation as to how that should help. I am outraged.

I was told the SSID cannot have a space.
Mine is a space.
Seriously?

So after playing around with the SSID it is try… I have too many things on my router for my smart house that I will not change it.
I am going to try an extender without the spaces and see if that works but, I wouldn’t have to buy it just for this.

I hope at least with this information it will help others.
They should add this in the trouble shooting guide to save a lot of people emailing tech support .

Doesn’t your WAP have the capability of setting up a guest network? If so, you could just have that SSID with no spaces and connect the PC to it.

1 Like

Do I look new to you, lol.(don’t answer that lol I have like 8 posts and I am new here.)
I tried that and although the PC connected to a WIFI , white light etc I could not connect to the PC. No matter what I did.
Once I did it the other way it worked like a charm, well at least the only one time I have used it .

Well, the phone and the PC have to be on the same 2.4GHz wifi network for initial setup. (so, yes, you need to disable your 5Hz network if it has the same SSID, as you likely can’t tell which one your phone is connecting to) - after initial setup it doesn’t matter, as the PC uses that remembered network to get back to the Anova cloud.

Did all of that, just to be on the safe side, trust me I did not want to spend almost $50 on a repeater. I tried everything else before hand.

It’s all good I am up and running now. But thought it would be helpful to others for some extra trouble shooting not listed.