Linking Alexa Skill

@unu2trei Unfortunately the skill is currently not available. We had to pull the skill until refactoring and re-testing is complete.

@AlyssaWOAH Can you please advise your support team and DEVā€™s about this issue? Peter Chua from your support team said the DEVā€™s want to replace my Anova because of this issue. Everyone Iā€™ve spoke to at support acts like I am the only one with this problem and itā€™s obviously much bigger than just my device. Iā€™ve wasted weeks with support when I should have just looked at this forum. Major communication issues within Anova obviouslyā€¦

Iā€™ve had this problem since getting my WiFi Anova. The truth is that it is not a deal breaker for most of us. While it is an interesting novelty to tell Alexa to change the temp on the Anova, we can do it from the iPhone just as easily.

Looking into this now.

Agreed, definitely not a deal breaker, just a time waster when the troubleshooting approach is with my setup or a supposed faulty device. If I would have gotten a, ā€œThis is a known issue and weā€™re working on getting the skill updatedā€ would be a lot better than getting new accounts created, un-linking and re-linking dozens of times, trying a different router, etc, etc. Major time waster when all along I felt like I was the problem, not a faulty skill.

Itā€™s been two weeks. When can we expect the skill fixed?

Weā€™ve had to take the Alexa skill offline for additional fixes and improvements. Current ETA for availability is for May.

Thanks for the update and timeline

1 Like

Is there a new timeline? Been patiently waiting for the fix all month and looks like it will take longer than expected? :astonished:

And thank you so much for your patience. Just spoke with my team and it looks like itā€™ll take a little longer.

Since this has been an outstanding issue for close to a year; does ā€œa little longerā€ mean weeks or months? I am patient but growing less so like most people on these forums between this skill and the apps. Hope the team will prioritise these.

Any update?

@Xtropy Right now weā€™re working on our Wi-Fi connect rates. We decided to prioritize this because without a stable Wi-Fi connection, Alexa wonā€™t work properly. We will have the skill back up again and I will continue to update everyone.

Guys, I wanted to enable the Anova skill for Alexa, with no success, since the german language speaking Amazon is not supporting the english skill.
Any plans to make Anova a real international product?

@vladp The goal is to get the skill available internationally, but for now, weā€™re focused on getting back on for the English skill.

Please see the following thread regarding the skill,