Make it possible to disable the beep sound. Now please!

I plug my unit in, set the temperature and turn it on manually. When it reaches the set temperature it beeps. Then the temp reading fluctuates up/down and when it gets back to the set point it beeps again. It does this constantly. I have a lid on the container which is also wrapped in a towel. The temperature reading moves +/- 5* F. As I get tired of hearing it go off every 2 to 30 minutes(try pulled pork @ 48 hrs) I don’t plan on continuing using it.

OK…that’s a completely different issue from the one that this thread is about. And I find it odd that you didn’t come in here to complain about the temperature fluctuation, which is a serious impediment to proper functionality, but rather the beeping that results from it, which is just an annoyance…although in this case it’s a useful annoyance, as it’s alerting you to an actual problem.

P.S.

Pulled pork requires only 24 hours at 165°F. I do that quite often, and it comes out beautifully every time.

BEEP!

1 Like

The only halfway solution is to start the cooking program manually and either use the app to count “up” the cook time or to completely disregard the WiFi/ Bluetooth option as a useless feature, or use a manual timer. I can’t believe Anova is taking so long to fix this issue.

1 Like

would you mind educating us on exactly HOW you are able to “trivially” accomplish this?

also - feel free to post you instructions in depth - for those of us who know what a cli and api are…

ty

didn’t keep a record of the api calls and i dont remember. this was 2.5 years ago.

You made no backup? None at all?

Doug! How’s it going! Haven’t seen you in ages!!!
(Kidding! All programmers have a friend like “Doug”. My friend Doug would respond "Never go back! Always go forward!!! :wink: )

anova would have my code, i gave it to them!

i have several dougs. they are good dougs.