Nano FAQs

Yo cooking magicians! :sunglasses:

Lot of Qs about the Nano in several topics in here To keep things clean and organize, I wanted to consolidate those questions in one topic post.

If you don’t find the answer to your question here, you can comment below.

When will the Nano be shipped?
The Nano will be shipped in batches - you’ll see the ship times at the order and checkout page.

Estimated US ship date: November 2017
Estimated EU ship date: December 2017
Estimated International ship date: January 2018

When will the charges for my purchase be applied to my account?
You will be charged for your pre-order at the time of purchase.

I am an international customer - where can I purchase the Nano?
Shop at our online store! Anova Precision® Cooker Nano – Anova Culinary

Does the Nano support WI-FI?
The Nano is Bluetooth-enabled and can be controlled through the app; however, it does not support WI-FI connectivity.

Is the Nano water resistant?
The Nano is fully water resistant to a IP67 meaning the Nano can be submerged in up to 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes without damaging the device.

How do I clean the Nano?
The Nano is fully water resistant and can be wiped clean with a wet cloth. Additionally, the removable cap allows customers to clean with a wire brush. Running the device with a vinegar solution will also allow for easy cleaning.

What does the speaker on the Nano do?
The speaker on the Nano will give customers a good quality form of feedback and notifications similar to a cell phone. The Nano is the only sous vide device that has a water resistant Milar speaker!

What’s the difference in terms of power between the Nano and the other Anova Precision Cookers?
The Nano is a smaller unit with slightly reduced heating capacity. The Nano is 700W, current Bluetooth APC is 800W, current WI-FI APC is 900W. Additionally, the Nano is meant for up to 4 people, the current Bluetooth model up to 8 people, and the WI-FI up to 12 people.

Do you have a comparison chart between the existing Anova Precision Cookers and the Nano?

The Nano FAQs are also available as a help desk article on our site.

1 Like

I’ll beat @acs to it and state “Wow, you’re using your sous vide appliances to cook people?!” :fearful:

“Additionally, the Nano is meant for up to 4 people, the current Bluetooth model up to 8 people, and the WI-FI up to 12 people.”

Heh. I’d change the “for” to “to feed” :wink:

I wonder…what temp and duration would the cannibals cook their “long pig”? 129 for 48 hours?

Ok…yes…it’s early and I haven’t had coffee yet. :slight_smile:

Happy Canada Day to the other Canadians on here!!! :grin:

p.s. Don’t quite understand the increase math - nano to bluetooth to wifi - there’s only a 100w delta in the heating element per step.

2 Likes

Lol! My bad - I’ll correct it.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

This was legit funny lol.

I’m wondering why it says the nano can feed up to 4 people? I currently use the wifi anova with a 16 quart pot. I checked the nano’s specs and it appears it can also be used in the 16 quart pot (which is less than the 5 gallons max it says it can heat). It seems to me that you could feed a lot more people than 4 with that large of a pot. Am I missing something? I am seriously considering getting this and giving my wifi version to a friend, but I like to host small dinner parties (6-8 people). I am worried about whether or not I could use the nano alone for this purpose.

To give folks an idea of what the cooker can handle. It’s not a hard number because just like you mentioned, having an insulated or covered vessel can allow for more. The Nano is 750W in comparison to our current WI-Fi model which is 900W.