Non-existent customer serivce?

Hi everyone.

I have been a big fan of sous vide ever since I have worked as a waiter in a top restaurant.

This year I decided I will surprise myself with a SV for Christmas and going through a lot of YT videos I went with the Anova.

A couple days back I got an email saying they have a discount if you order the Anova Precision Cooker with a base so I did that. Obviously I had to pay upfront which is fine.

But it has been a couple days already and my order is still showing as “Processing” which can mean anything, from just receiving it to already shipping I guess?

I tried contacting customer service after a couple of days but they have not replied yet. What is the usual reply time for them? This is getting a bit worrying now :confused:

Hmm. Not sure why you would be worried? It’s not like they’re a startup or a seller on Aliexpress. :). They’re a small company based in the Bay Area of California.

I was hoping that when Electrolux acquired Anova, we would have seen more development and support resources added to the company. They’ve been chronically under-staffed in these areas for several years.

Unfortunately, we haven’t seen an up-tick in support levels - it’s hit and miss. I am glad to see that the newest versions of the app for the APC have been very reliable though. :slight_smile:

Rest assured, you’ll get your order - if it was a Black Friday promotion, I’m thinking they’re likely backlogged, but it will hopefully ship shortly!! :slight_smile: If you haven’t gotten an update by the end of the week, I’d be tempted to e-mail or call them to see if you can get an update. (see the support link at the top of the page for those contact options).

I also ordered the one with the base and they said to me, that the base isnt in stock, but didnt tell me when it will be back in stock. I really hope it arrives until christmas :confused:

EDIT: I got an email today - it got sent out! :slight_smile:

Unusual. My communications with Anova here in Australia has been exceptional, particularly when replacing my faulty unit which was over three years old…

1 Like

Yep, exactly the same situation here. 2 weeks since I ordered, 1 week since I sent an email about said order and I’m yet to hear anything at all.
For a premium product I would expect a certain level of customer service.
To say I’m disappointed is an understatement

I was communicating with support last week about an issue with the precision oven. Okay, they did not pick up the ticket within 24h, took may be 2 days, but once they responded - communication was very good. I had several e-mails back and forth from Sunday night to mid-day Monday. “Could you do this? - here’s the results - How about this? - Here - Okay, we need to replace it”.
So the least I can say is - CS does exist.

Same here for me. I ordered during the Cyber Monday promotion back on Nov 30 and my order is still “processing” after over 2 weeks. Now I’m worried that the Christmas gift that I bought won’t arrive at all!

1 Like

My customer service experiences have been above and beyond. I have a PC 2.1. About 2-3? years ago the electric cord connection got loose and it machine would turn itself off. Sent some photos and Anova replaced the machine no questions asked. Support rep was outstanding. Last month, my clamp/ handle assembly gave up the ghost - knobs and clamp had disintegrated. I sent a photo and asked where to get repair parts. A replacement arrived a few days later. Outstanding!

In addition to telling my guests about sous vide - Anova is now an integral part of the story.

In fact, they are a small company based in the Bay Area of California that is owned by Electrolux (Anova Culinary - Wikipedia).

The post you quoted from already said that?

“I was hoping that when Electrolux acquired Anova, we would have seen more development and support resources added to the company. They’ve been chronically under-staffed in these areas for several years.”

1 Like