Price increase for 220v

Hi,

Has the 220v Presicion Cooker lately changed price? Selecting the 220v changes the price to 229$ instead of 179$

Hi @tarscher, we recently increased the price for international units in order to implement a new and more efficient process that will now enable us to provide a much smoother and more accessible customer experience for our international customers. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding as we continue to grow as a company. Please let me know if you have any further questions, thanks!

Hi, Can you elaborate on what extra value 220V customers get with the 50$ they pay more?

The price of the Anova on the site is still marked as 179$ I find this very misleading. Shouldn’t this be changed?

@tarscher - Previously, we were not covering import taxes and VAT for international shipments but moving forward we will be paying these fees in order to ensure a better experience and faster shipment time for international customers. It will help us cover these costs and resolve many issues we’ve been having with shipments getting caught in customs and returned.

It saves you the hassle of phoning up fedex and dealing with their payment robot, this is a good thing!

Hi,

I live in Australia… we don’t have any import tax or Vat unless the item is over 1000AUD.
I was initially very keen on getting a unit but the delivery date was continually pushed back. Now, it’s $50 more than previous but this extra $50 does not offer any value for me as we don’t get taxed for it anyway.

Can anything be done for this? Actually, I want my unit shipped to Florida not Australia?

Please let me know

Thanks

@ynot1985 Thank you so much for pointing this out, I’ll bring this up to the team and let you know if there are any updates.

You can have your unit shipped to Florida but the international pricing will still apply. When were you planning to order?

I was planning to get it soon but the extra 50 is putting me of from getting it as I am paying an extra 50 for nothing as the reason behind the price increase does not in any way benefit me since we don’t pay import tax anyway

@ynot1985 So it seems the price will remain as listed as it’s standard for international orders, but if anything changes I’ll definitely give you an update!

jordan said:
@tarscher - Previously, we were not covering import taxes and VAT for international shipments but moving forward we will be paying these fees in order to ensure a better experience and faster shipment time for international customers. It will help us cover these costs and resolve many issues we've been having with shipments getting caught in customs and returned.

Whats the status on that? Did you make this happen? I just wanted to place an order, but in addition to paying 50 USD more for the 220 V version, I also have to pay 69.99 USD for shipping and the import taxes are NOT included (according to your FAQ). Can you explain this?

@jordan Can you please elaborate on this?

Why are we getting no answers here? Aren’t you taking your customers serious?

@Spacemarine You’ll probably get a better answer if you actually contact Anova support instead of this community forum. This isn’t intended to be a customer support forum at all

FYI, a lady of customer service told me over the chat that we as EU customers do NOT have to pay customs/taxes anymore, this is taken care of by the 50$ price difference.

I am still thinking about ordering, the 70$ shipping cost for a small package are something to think about. Adding it all, the cooker will be 300$. There are local alternatives for that price.

@spacemarine I’m sorry I was so late to getting back to this thread, @elangomatt is correct, our support team is available for chat, phone and e-mail support 24/7 and has more information on these types of questions. I’m happy to look into it although it sounds like @Knoet already has provided the proper info. If you’d like to take advantage of our $50 discount for forum members, you should definitely check out our 5GET50 program! Again, so sorry for the delayed response.

Hi Jordan. I would like to roder a 220V EU plug for delivery in US. I am also a forum member - how can I get the 50 USD discount? I tried to pass the order and is not proposing to me any discount code option. Thanks a lot for your reply

@impelavi, the discount code is posted in the first post of this thread. There are only 5 codes posted daily (during different times of the day to give people in other time zones an equal chance) so if you don’t get one today, keep calling back. Good luck!

thanks a lot will try right now

@impelavi thanks for checking! The 5GET50 code has a limit of 5 uses per day and a new one is posted each day. You can check back for tomorrow’s here: http://community.anovaculinary.com/discussion/506/todays-5get50-discount-code-is/p1

It might be faster to contact Customer Support.