Request - add timer setting "Starts with door"

In the constant frustration of dealing with this not-so-smart oven I have yet another valid complaint.

Why can I not have the timer start after preheating based on my closing of the door?

Please add this option to the app/oven.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Will definitely pass along this feature request

Has this been implemented yet?

Feel like I’m taking crazy pills that this isn’t an option yet.

Hi have you implemented this yet?

Im really - like really sick of having to readjust the timer every flipping time I open the door.

Give us an option to have the timer start when door closes.

I know that the oven can know when the door is opened/closed because the light comes on/off.

Fix this you’ll cowards.

Escalate this, it needs management atttention… email management as currently the forum is very infrequently monitored by anova management, go to the bottom of the page & use the contact tab, this area is merely an echo chamber, beyond that people seem to pick things up, ask for context as to why it doesn’t do what you would think logical. (& don’t bother with the chat option, just send an email)

first name, surname @anovaculinary.com (etc) …maybe place it politely but showing exasperation at the lady in charge of firmware?

Checking back to see why this hasn’t been added yet.

Do you know that - often - the thing that brings me to the kitchen during a cook cycle is the notification that the oven is preheated.

So when I come to the kitchen I often still have some minimal prep.

Let’s say - I’m baking cookies.

Now, due to food safety, I leave the dough in the fridge. Then I have to open the fridge and place the dough balls on the sheet.

Then I open the door. Now - at this point the oven knows I’ve opened the door because the light turns on. But when I close the door I have to reset the timer.

Now on a dumb oven I would understand why I need to do this. But this is a smart oven - so I shouldn’t have to.

I should be able, in the recipe, to choose “start timer when door opens>closes”. Then the oven would preheat, send me a notification, display the held run timer, and when i complete an open/close cycle of the door the oven starts the countdown timer.

Wow - maybe I should work for Anova.
IMG_3342