Rust!

Had mine for since before Christmas and have been using it a LOT. I use it almost daily so it sits in the water bath after usage until the next day then I turn it on again…which shouldn’t matter considering it’s designed with “stainless steel” so my question is how come there’s surface rust inside the skirt on one of the straight elements. There’s also rust on the outside of the skirt near the weld, I can’t tell if it’s coming from the skirt on that spot or transferring from the origin on the straight element. I cleaned it off best I could but there should be no possibility for rust. This is disappointing

Hi @asilver123, thanks for letting us know, we’re so sorry to hear this and understand the disappointment this has caused you. The corrosion won’t affect the functionality of the device and can be cleaned by removing any scale buildup on the sensors with ZEP Calcium Lime Rust Remover/ Lime Away. Insulate the container you’re using should also help.

We’ve posted more details about the situation on our blog: Corrosion Questions Answered – Anova Culinary

If you have any additional questions, please let me know and I’d be happy to discuss further!

Sweet thanks, I had used an SOS pad to lightly rub against the probe to clean it…thought it was rust but the link you provided was great thanks