Still preheating but timer starts up

Only on the newest models (nano, new APC and pro) the firmware has the intelligence so that will the timer start when temp has been reached.

On older models the firmware does not have this feature and cannot be updated either so it depends on the connectivity:
On the Wifi/bluetooth model, IF and only if connected by Wifi (and internet ;-), will the timer start when temp has been reached.

On the Wifi/bluetooth model, if connected by bluetooth, the timer start immediately.
On the bluetooth only model , the timer start immediately.

Many support guys are measleading when saying they are working on it.

Extend your life expectancy and ignore such a minor detail. A few minutes, even half an hour, makes little differences to the outcomes in most SV cooking.

Older models did have the feature of starting when temp is reached, but that feature went away. One would expect more features added to an old product not less. Not good PR!

This just happened to me as well, preheat set for 150, notification that unit has reached temp at 120 and timer starts

App version 3.2.9
Anova Precision Cooker Wifi

There were actually different revisions of the APC Wifi. Mine is the A3 (which I believe was the last one, prior to the new model that they just came out with).
Is this happening to you every time? I have the same App version as you, but my APC doesnā€™t start the timer on me at all. (the timer function in the App is annoying - youā€™re better to use either the calendar in your phone for long cooks or a timer app).
To find which revision you have, go into the App, then profile, Settings, then Cooker Details.