Tags Have Been Reintroduced

Hey gang! So tags have been reintroduced. We’ll try them out to see how well they work in here. Here are some benefits to tags in the forum:

##You can tag your own topics
Categories are more general, but with tags, you can get really specific. This will help other members find what they’re looking for. And this will help further organize your topic on the forum. It’s a win-win for everyone.

For example, if you have a question about pork chops, you can add it into the Food + Cooking category, but then tag it as “pork.”

##You can auto-watch tags that are more relevant to you
If there are certain tags you care about the most, you can follow them. That way, when there are new topics added to them or new activity, you’ll be the first to know. Here’s how to track a specific tag:

• Click on the tag you want to track
  • Click on the gray small circle on the far right
  • Choose either “watching” or "tracking

:point_right: Watching: You will be notified of all new posts and topics, plus the count of unread and new posts will appear next to the topic.

:point_right: Tracking: A count of unread and new posts will appear next to the topic.

##Want the full list of tags?
Here’s where you can find the full list of existing tags, which are also organized by categories.

Some of listed tags are from our older run of this feature. I will revisit them and see if they make sense or if they should be eliminated. I will also be organizing topics this week and assign them to appropriate tags. Because I am doing this, you might see some older topics creep up in “recent,” this is expected since I am essentially editing the topic by assigning them tags.

There’s still quite a bit of work that I need to get done on my end while organizing all of this. So bear with me.

If you have any questions or if you have a tag suggestion, feel free to let me know! :slight_smile:

You can read more about how tags are used on this forum here.

4 Likes