Teflon bags

Hello, new here. Just got my Anova Precision Cooker. I remember from reading the NY times article that one could use teflon bags instead of Ziplocs. Where do you buy teflon bags? I could not find any on Amazon.

Should I not be concerned about using Ziploc bags for cooking? Components of the plastic leaching or contaminating the food, for example.

TIA!

Supposedly, Foodsaver brand bags are BPA free… " Jarden’s FoodSaver bags are made from polyethylene glycol and nylon, and don’t contain BPA, phthalates, or other plasticizers with EA-leaching additives." Additionally
SC Johnson products (which make Ziploc bags) are not formulated with these ingredients:
Alkylphenols (APs)
Alkylphenol ethoxylates (APEs)
Bisphenol A (BPA)
Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs)
Diacetyl
Formaldehyde
Lead
Mercury
Nitro musks
Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA)
Phthalates including DEP, DBP, DIBP, DPP and DEHP
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
Triclosan
Or any known carcinogens, mutagens or reproductive toxins listed by the U.S. National Toxicology Program, the European Union’s REACH and Substances of Very High Concern programs, the World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Carcinogens, or the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

I think erring on the side of caution and only sticking with brands like these known to be free of BPA’s ,phthalates and plasticizers are the way to go…

There is a silicone reuseable bag but I think aside from being expensive, it sounds thick and possibly hard to use the water displacement with…
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049EU670/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=anovacommunity-20&linkId=a4c4607216babea50f420ac2f9dd1cef

Thank you! The detailed information you provided is very helpful.

Correction: re-reading the NY Times piece of November 19, 2014, the author was talking about reusable silicone bags as an alternative to Ziploc bags. There is no mention of teflon bags. My bad memory!

Silicon bags are pretty expensive and do not have a valve through which the air can be evacuated. Here’s one I considered from Amazon but did not buy Lekue 1-Liter Fresh Bag, Clear