Two recipes into one meal - Flank Steak and Poached Asparagus

I’ve been happily cooking sous vide with a Anova WiFi Precision Cooker for a few months now, but continue to wrestle with combining more than one recipe into a full meal.

Friday I cooked a regular Costco flank steak (USDA Choice) for 6 hours at 131° (Salt, Pepper, Thyme, Garlic Powder). The result was quite good, but I am resolved to cook the next flank steak for 12 hours hoping for an even better result. – I saved the leftover flank steak in the refrigerator Friday night.

Saturday night I assembled a nice bunch of thin asparagus, 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter and some sea salt into a vacuum bag that I cooked at 185° for 12 minutes! – Meanwhile, I reheated the leftover flank steak.

The two combined (OK I cheated a bit by reheating the flank steak) for a simple but very tasty meal

1 Like

Wow that sounds super delicious and like a great idea for making a main dish and a side dish all in the Precision cooker!

I find making some extra meat at the beginning of the week is always nice to have left overs for the rest of the week. I love the idea of throwing some veggies in, while the protein is reheating.

Thanks for the tip!