Question on a 12hr cooking time and when to start

Just got my sous vide setup and the first few have come out great. Am anxious to (re)try a skirt steak recipe that was very flavorful but unfortunately of course the meat was tough. So I see that flank steak, skirt steak and so on should be cooked for about 12hr for tenderness, but my question is when do you start the cycle? I assume when you make a skirt steak you are not getting up 5-6:00 in the morning to start your sous vide (or are you?). Can I cook it halfway, put away in fridge and then cook the rest the next day?

Thanks

Since I am up and about around that time I start 12 hour cooks at about 6 AM for a 6 PM dinner. I have done a few 36, 54 and 72 hour cooks and start them at 5-6 PM. Your idea of cooking halfway should work although you may need to add 30 minutes or so for the steak to start cooking after it has been refrigerated. I often use a similar method to reheat leftover meat so it is not overcooked. A leftover medium rare roast can be reheated and it will be medium rare the second day.

John pretty much hit the nail on the head on that one. I follow very similar methods myself! 

You could always plug the Anova into a timer. Definitely look for one that is grounded and has the correct amperage. Also check it the post here for controlling time delay via an app http://community.anovaculinary.com/discussion/444/delayed-start-on-set-time