UPDATE: MultiCook + MultiStep Function

@AlyssaWOAH, what’s happening with those requests?

Every time I switch from my cooker to the one I got for my parents, I have to unpair and go through the setup again which is a royal pain in the backside!!!

You’ve promised us that those things will be done and that your development team is working on stuff (yeah probably on the Nano!!! grrrrrrrrrrr). Time to set a deadline here. I’ll give you another two months to sort out the app. If it’s not done by 10 December, no more Mr. nice guy.

Several people have bought it based on my recommendation. That is going to stop from today. quite the opposite in fact, I’m going to start recommending that they DON’T buy your product until you live up to your promises.

Over to you.

@zqushair The Nano will have those features, but we’ve recently confirmed that our existing BT cookers will have multi-cook implemented (Wi-Fi too - which had been confirmed a while back). I like mister nice zqushair :frowning: but as mentioned in my response to the other thread, I get why you’re not happy with some of our delays. I know the team is currently working on these two features. Updates on these things will be posted here, as they come. I’ll make sure product updates are communicated clearly on here, and I’ll make sure those updates are very regular.

10 December.

All the time and effort your development team is spending on the nano should have been spent on completing the app for the existing products first. Every time you mention the nano we get more annoyed. Your top management seem to have set their priorities all wrong and this is the result.

How are things going? Two days remaining. Any news?

1 Like

@Blumenhummer we’re nearly done. All we have left to do is to get the End User License Agreement (EULA) properly ironed out.

@AlyssaWOAH Sounds great! Good luck… :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Would love direct API (or otherwise SDK) as well!

@AlyssaWOAH

Deadline passed by a week and still no sign of multicook or multistep and the food categories in the app are still a complete mess making it utterly useless.

Hello. Any news whatsoever on the multi (cook, step) front?

Look at the Nano update. Pretty much a given that the version of software that supports the new features likely won’t ship until the Nano does.

Hi, any updates on MultiStep? I see an update from March of this year that MultiCook is delayed until October, but it says nothing of MultiStep. Is that once-promised feature now dead?

It’ll be the same release I’m guessing. Both were advertised as features, so they’ll be coming eventually.

I say eventually as, to put it kindly, Anova’s always been shy on development resources…if I were you, I’d set the expectation of 2019, that way if they deliver earlier, you won’t be disappointed. :slight_smile:

I need to double check if there are any new updates on the MultiStep. Let me confirm details and circle back with you.

@Brett_Martino circling back here. MultiStep is in the pipeline, but we’re currently focused on MultiCook.

That’s too bad. Sounds like MultiStep may not ever happen, even though it was billed/promised as a feature with the introduction of the Nano.

This will be my first and last Anova product.

I’m advising everyone I know to buy a Joule instead – they seem to have an efficient and effective development team and are able to set and achieve realistic goals.

1 Like

As stated above, it’s still in the pipeline. I will continue to update the community as more info comes in. But I understand the frustration. If you ever have any questions or feedback, you’re welcome to let us know. I will forward this particular one to the team. Thanks.

how long is this “pipeline”? :wink:

So it’s December 2018. I don’t find anything about multicook in the app. Can I control two Anova wifi cookers from one app? Or is this a dead horse? I mean, every device has a unique MAC address and a unique IP address when connected to a router. From one PC I can control multiple Smart Thermostats, why is this such a difficult concept for a static device like an Anova Precision Cooker? Maybe you could outsource the development to a 12-year-old in India?

The feature is unfortunately still not available in the app. I sincerely share the same frustration - we’re all looking forward to this feature (including me). The project hasn’t been thrown out. One of our project managers wrote an update in September and the details mentioned are still relevant today. I’ll link it below.

This really is frustrating. The ONLY reason I bought the nano (pre production order) was because of the promise to daisy chain it with my BT version of the precision cooker.