UPDATE: MultiCook + MultiStep Function

@AlyssaWOAH Sounds great! Good luck… :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Would love direct API (or otherwise SDK) as well!

@AlyssaWOAH

Deadline passed by a week and still no sign of multicook or multistep and the food categories in the app are still a complete mess making it utterly useless.

Hello. Any news whatsoever on the multi (cook, step) front?

Look at the Nano update. Pretty much a given that the version of software that supports the new features likely won’t ship until the Nano does.

Hi, any updates on MultiStep? I see an update from March of this year that MultiCook is delayed until October, but it says nothing of MultiStep. Is that once-promised feature now dead?

It’ll be the same release I’m guessing. Both were advertised as features, so they’ll be coming eventually.

I say eventually as, to put it kindly, Anova’s always been shy on development resources…if I were you, I’d set the expectation of 2019, that way if they deliver earlier, you won’t be disappointed. :slight_smile:

I need to double check if there are any new updates on the MultiStep. Let me confirm details and circle back with you.

@Brett_Martino circling back here. MultiStep is in the pipeline, but we’re currently focused on MultiCook.

That’s too bad. Sounds like MultiStep may not ever happen, even though it was billed/promised as a feature with the introduction of the Nano.

This will be my first and last Anova product.

I’m advising everyone I know to buy a Joule instead – they seem to have an efficient and effective development team and are able to set and achieve realistic goals.

1 Like

As stated above, it’s still in the pipeline. I will continue to update the community as more info comes in. But I understand the frustration. If you ever have any questions or feedback, you’re welcome to let us know. I will forward this particular one to the team. Thanks.

how long is this “pipeline”? :wink:

So it’s December 2018. I don’t find anything about multicook in the app. Can I control two Anova wifi cookers from one app? Or is this a dead horse? I mean, every device has a unique MAC address and a unique IP address when connected to a router. From one PC I can control multiple Smart Thermostats, why is this such a difficult concept for a static device like an Anova Precision Cooker? Maybe you could outsource the development to a 12-year-old in India?

The feature is unfortunately still not available in the app. I sincerely share the same frustration - we’re all looking forward to this feature (including me). The project hasn’t been thrown out. One of our project managers wrote an update in September and the details mentioned are still relevant today. I’ll link it below.

This really is frustrating. The ONLY reason I bought the nano (pre production order) was because of the promise to daisy chain it with my BT version of the precision cooker.

I can confirm that it’s also incredibly frustrating to me. I bought forever ago the APC Wifi and waited now several years already for MultiCook, when is it finally coming?!

Till the time when MultiCook is available I won’t buy another APC Wifi and I have no interest in the nano but could be interested in two of the second generation APC Pro if it has MultiCook.

Did you check the price for the pro model? You’d have to be a very dedicated sous vide fanatic to pay that much…

Michi, agreed, but i paid over $1,500 for my first used PolyScience circulator which was cheap compared to what my first Apple computer cost about the same time.

Right… An Apple computer was cheap at the time, too, compared to what you had to pay for a Lamborghini…

Hi,
I have 4 Annova wifi cookers. Can’t find the updated app for using them together. ‘17, ‘18? Did I miss something or is the update still not available after two years promises?