Who's Pre ordered new one

Not yet, need to get a new container for it

Mines still showing Netherlands Utrecht on tracking since 01:43 on Saturday . Driver must be having one last smoke before coming to UK

Canā€™t you set up guest network on router just for Anova with shorter password you can on Asus

17:43 Mon arrived in UK that was one slow ferry from Netherlands

[quote=ā€œv8rick, post:23, topic:22939ā€]
Canā€™t you set up guest network on router just for Anova
[/quote]several work arounds are possible, none of them can be justified, this is the tail wagging the dog, a bad device forcing you to change the set up of your network, and/or all you other appliancesā€¦ letā€™s not forget we bought those devices and are not given the services we paid for, just because of an appalling bad software design/coding.

And when I want to cook at some friends place? I ask them to reprogram their network too?

Sure that with their new connected anova steam oven weā€™ll have to tamper with more illogical flaws.

This is my first sous vide device and I used the Precision for the first time tonight. Iā€™m used to lab grade circulators and was surprised by the noise of this device. Itā€™s kind of an annoying whine (not really pleasant to stand beside and have a conversation, for example) and seemingly a lot more noise than the earlier models when I watched reviews before pre-ordering.

Make sure you contact support about it, I have. I also tried out my old one and new one old one has a hum to it that isnā€™t annoying at all just sounds like a low hum. So either support will replace mine or Iā€™ll send it back for a refund, Iā€™ve had way to many problems to tolerate much from anova anymore my poly science circulator has never had any problems like the anova.

Just received mine today. Had to reach out to support since there is no clamp in the box to mount it to a container.

Edit: Only took 5 minutes to get a response back from Shiela in support. They are sending out a clamp. Great customer service but I still have more waiting to do. At least Iā€™m learning to be patient!

The new Anova is a very character-building appliance indeed!

The Precision Cooker whines like whining was going out of style and Anova bought the remaining stock from Whine.com. I am amazed that the engineering approach allowed such a noisy device to hit the market, this is a device that could be doing this for days in some cases. I am deeply disappointed!

I have definitely started a case with support to see what the heck is this all about.

Yeah, I could tolerate the noise for a 90 minute cook but I canā€™t deal with it for an all-day job. It sounds like a little vacuum cleaner running continuously. Iā€™ll open a ticket tonight and/or use the 100 day return period.

Ordered the day I got the email, first run will be tomorrow. Dry rubbed steaks are in the fridge waiting to go for a swim. Couldnā€™t get the app to connect but Iā€™ll try again in the morningā€¦I think it was my problem.

1 Like

Anova just tried to claim the sound is normal. I sent a reply, either itā€™s replaced or Iā€™m returning it. Might end up returning it anyway sick of the issues Iā€™ve had with the Sous vide sticks from anova

Maybe 2.4Ghz i had to put my phone back tomy 2.4G network to connect first time then ok

I received mine yesterday and compared to my original Precision cooker. The quality of materials has been downgraded for the new cooker. The impeller is plastic with smaller vanes so it must be spun faster to obtain a reasonable circulation. The higher RPM is most likely the source of the whine. A quick test heating a large stock pot of tap cold water happened quicker than my original, even though the circulation seemed weaker. The temperature was maintained perfectly at 131 degrees F verified by two Thermapen thermometers. I love the smaller size and it fits my stock pot better than my original.

Got mine last weekā€¦ gave my bluetooth (800 watt) to my brother. I still have my wifi/bluetooth 900 watt unit. Iā€™m currently using it right nowā€¦ itā€™s in the kitchen and Iā€™m in the office, maybe 20 steps awayā€¦ I donā€™t hear it from hereā€¦ but yes up close, it does have a bit higher pitched whine. Iā€™m not complaining about it yet. It does seem easier to set up.
I do miss some of the items they had on the old app. You used to be able to scroll thru different temps for different wellness on your meats. I canā€™t seem to find that anymore. They also used to have guidelines that showed basic temps were for different meats without going to the recipe section. I hope they put that back in!

The clamp that was missing from the box when I received my unit, is on the truck for delivery today. Finally will be able to give this thing a test run tonight. It took a while for shipping to get the clamp out the door but support was great throughout the process.

I use my Anova app all of the time to start my cooker remotely. Iā€™m not sure why you may have trouble, but I have no problem. I add ice in the morning, connect with my bluetooth and go to work. When Iā€™m ready to get it started or when it contacts me that it has reached 41 degrees, I start the device and it cooks perfectly. Perhaps the issue is not with the device but with the wi-fi or bluetooth connectivity you are trying. Itā€™s a shame this has not worked for you because it is a very helpful feature. I look forward to when I can control two devices from one app though because I did buy the new version as well.

Good news the version 3.1.2 solves this issue it seems (at lest for me)