Apple iPhone iOS App is Availabe - Anova Culinary

App is in the store, ready to be downloaded.

Works well, nice to be able to remotely set the temp and timer.

Just saw this today. Looks nice so far! Can’t wait to try it.

Just based on a quick look through I thought I’d note that I’m a bit disappointed to see the recipes in volume rather than weight.

Just based on a quick look through I thought I'd note that I'm a bit disappointed to see the recipes in volume rather than weight.

No… no please don’t do that. I can’t stand seeing liquids measured out in grams.

Just based on a quick look through I thought I'd note that I'm a bit disappointed to see the recipes in volume rather than weight.

No… no please don’t do that. I can’t stand seeing liquids measured out in grams.

For certain liquids I get it but most other ingredients I can guarantee you will have more consistency with weight.

Bluetooth not connecting!

Should device symbol flash blue (mine does) or be solid blue? I’ve started device first & last, and app first & last. I’ve let each variation go until device search (flashing blue) turns off. iPhone connects to other BT so I know it works.

Next??

Is it just me or are other people pretty disappointed with this app? A giant list of random recipes? A way to and set the time/temp and turn it on/off? Not impressed at all.

It has none of the functionality they promised in their kickstarter video. Even their current webpage for the Precision Cooker shows an app where cooking times/temps are detailed by food type. I thought this is what we were getting - a useful app where you can simply go in and tap a food such as chicken and it would suggest the amount of time/temp for different degrees of doneness for differing cuts. And from there, you could then control the device.

Should device symbol flash blue (mine does) or be solid blue? I’ve started device first & last, and app first & last. I’ve let each variation go until device search (flashing blue) turns off. iPhone connects to other BT so I know it works.

Next??

I am having the same problem with Bluetooth connecting on both of my units.

Any idea when the android app will be available?

@Centipede Thanks for checking! We’re working on a timeline for the Android app and will provide an update when we have more information.

I was looking forward to this long awaited event (THE App), but short lived as it does not connect to my iPad 2. I have tried just about all the connection possibilities to no avail. Any pointers?

Next??

I am having the same problem with Bluetooth connecting on both of my units.

Same issue here I remember reading somewhere that the app will only connect via bluetooth via the new bluetooth technology only available in the ipad 3 and later versions. so until the android version comes out i am out of luck

Can’t get it to connect to my iPhone 6 Plus. App itself crashed after a couple attempts. To quote Otto in “A Fish Called Wanda,” “Disappointed!”

Mcfattius. It would have gone down better had Anova made clearer that Ipad2 BT would not be compatible, instead they they say “optimized for…”. Good (shame?)on you Anova! One for your marketing team. Would I go Anova again? Sous vide for thoughts.
GoodReina. Right on the money mate! Love your sense of humor.

When will the app for Windows be coming out?

I can’t get the timer to start , can set the time but it vil not start in the app but its running on the cooker

@jetjockey54 - Like the Android app, we plan to publish a more concrete schedule for the release once we have a clearer picture of the timeline so we can set the proper expectations. Our development team is working on the build for the Android app as we speak so we will send out more details on both as soon as we’re able. Thank you!

@helge Thanks for checking in, taking a look at this - I’ll get back to you to confirm!

Any tips on getting it to connect? I scan, it shows up with some RSSI: 47 thing, I click on that, and nothing happens. All I can do is Cancel or Stop Scan which then seems to not work as there’s no “successful pair” message, and it doesn’t show the current temp so appears not to have worked. As my iPhone 4 is not supported and my friend’s iPhone 6 had the above issue, maybe I should just send it back to get calibrated as that is all I wanted the app for. Any advice?