Apple iPhone iOS App is Availabe - Anova Culinary

My iPhone 6 was connecting to the Precision Cooker without any hazzle. I am unable however, to start the countdown timer.

Actually. The timer did start. Problem is, the countdown does not show on the App, only the cooker.

I have to say that I’m quite disappointed in the app mainly because Anova never said that the bluetooth functionality would only be supported on certain devices. No where on the Kickstarter page or the app page (that I can find) does it specify that you must have a Bluetooth LE capable device. I have an iPad 2 that still works perfectly fine and is fully updated but can’t be paired with the Anova.

I guess I’ll just have to use it with my Samsung Galaxy phone or Google Nexus tablet which both support Bluetooth LE. Oh wait, I forgot, the Android version isn’t out yet since iOS always gets priority.

My iPhone 6 was connecting to the Precision Cooker without any hazzle. I am unable however, to start the countdown timer.

Actually. The timer did start. Problem is, the countdown does not show on the App, only the cooker.

@DrPhlux This will be fixed in the next build :slight_smile:

@elangomatt I’m so sorry and understand your frustration, we’re working to get the Android app out ASAP! It’s unfortunately an incompatibility issue with Bluetooth LE - @vtemkin sent over the list of compatible devices here:

http://www.bluetooth.com/Pages/Bluetooth-Smart-Devices-List.aspx

Glad to see the countdown being included. Hope that choosing F vs C is also fixed. A nice feature to add would be the ability to save favorite recipes so you don’t have to scroll through all of them. Love my Anova!

@pkunzelmann We’ve received many requests for recipe favoriting - it’s being worked on :slight_smile: Not sure if it will be in the first update or not but I’ll let you know for sure as soon as I can.

For F/C do you mean when setting the timer? Or having the F/C option at the top of the status bar? Will share with the dev team.

hey @jordan here are my requests after using the sous vide cooker for about 15 times for now and having tried the apps since it was released

APP

1. a directory / index of recipes (Entrees, desserts, drinks, main course, and subcategories : fish / poultry / beef / veggie etc…)
  2. ability to vote up or down recipes (I’ve had mixed results… great or not so great …)
  3. ability to store personalized recipes and even to change locally recipies (I feel it is sometimes overcooked and would like to be able to note that I prefer a few degrees less for some particular recipies)

SOUS VIDE COOKER – MOST IMPORTANT REQUEST

1. possibility to have a delayed start. If I want to cook something for 5 hours… I want to be able to prepare everything when I leave in the morning, and set the anova cooker to start during the day. Would be great to have this programmable through the app too (without the need to have the smartphone next to the cooker)

@ndx I’ll share this with the dev team - thank you! We’re working on getting the categories that are on the website into the app so that should be included in the next update. We’re also working on a recipe favoriting feature, which we hope will be in the next update as well.

We’ve received many requests for the ability to rate recipes within the app and have it on our list but I love your idea for voting up / down and will bring it up.

Your most important request is also a popular one, we’ve discussed it as well and I’m not sure of the status but I’ll try to find out what the situation is and whether it’s a possibility. The ability to do this remotely through the app would require wifi but a set / delayed start time would be a great way around that.

@helge Our developers are working on it as we speak, but unfortunately, I don't have any update on timing. I know that's not too helpful and I apologize. I'm hoping to have something more concrete before sharing a specific timeframe. What I do know is that it's coming along well so I'll try to get a better answer to you early next week.

Any updates on the Android app yet?

@Centipede Not quite yet :s

Working on getting a more solid answer for all of you, I’m sorry for the vague answers about the timeline. I hope everyone understands that we want to release an awesome app and taking more time to do so will be worth it in the end!!

Is the Android app actually going to ever come out? Or are we just going to be told that you still don’t have an answer?

@centipede Well, Duke Nukem 3D eventually came out (after several years) so don’t give up hope!